The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

Ozil needs to be played in the no.10 position to get the best out of him instead he's being shunted out left which imo is madness wenger has to build the team around him which would involve dropping wilshere or arteta but he doesn't the balls to do it arteta is passed it and also get rid of the current 4141 formation think a 4231 suits the team better

he is Arsenal's Dean Shiels.

Everyone knows he has talent but he simply is not showing it

Arsenal have spent silly money over the last year or so. They still haven't bought a consistent goalscorer, they still haven't got a midfielder capable of dominating the game, they still haven't got a solid centre half. Cracking collection of overhyped youngsters and inconsistent flair players though.

When they don't make the top four this year - and they absolutely won't - they've no one to blame but themselves.

Arsenal have spent silly money over the last year or so. They still haven't bought a consistent goalscorer, they still haven't got a midfielder capable of dominating the game, they still haven't got a solid centre half. Cracking collection of overhyped youngsters and inconsistent flair players though.

When they don't make the top four this year - and they absolutely won't - they've no one to blame but themselves.

Just the same old same old. Plodding along, happy to be fourth and in the champions league every year without ever seriously challenging for anything.

Guys on here who support them said the signings of Ozil & then Snachez were game changers, but notching has changed at all.

They can’t use the excuse about the stadium these past few years now.

They have had the money and spent more than £70 million on 2 players and still have a unbalanced and thin squad compared to the teams around them. Guys like Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Debuchy ect are not going to win you titles home or abroad…they are just not top players.

Throwing in 2 top players like Ozil and Sanchez is all well and good but you have got to surround them with other good players, the longer Arsenal leave it the longer it’s going to take to catch the Chelsea’s, City’s and co.

I expect them to fight it out for 4th place yet again but that’s about it and I suppose that’s about as ambitious as Arsenal, Wenger and their fans are these days.

They can’t use the excuse about the stadium these past few years now.

They have had the money and spent more than £70 million on 2 players and still have a unbalanced and thin squad compared to the teams around them. Guys like Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Debuchy ect are not going to win you titles home or abroad…they are just not top players.

Throwing in 2 top players like Ozil and Sanchez is all well and good but you have got to surround them with other good players, the longer Arsenal leave it the longer it’s going to take to catch the Chelsea’s, City’s and co.

I expect them to fight it out for 4th place yet again but that’s about it and I suppose that’s about as ambitious as Arsenal, Wenger and their fans are these days.

Walcott's back soon though, that'll be a game changer :rolleyes:

It's so frustrating. As I've said loads of times I don't 'support' any English club, but I do like Arsenal and how people who are outright supporters can still attempt to justify and accept the way they are doing things at the moment is absolutely baffling to me.

I mean they spent 30 million on Sanchez as their big marquee player for the big games and Wenger left him out of their biggest league game of the season so far. It's laughable.

Walcott's back soon though, that'll be a game changer :rolleyes:

It's so frustrating. As I've said loads of times I don't 'support' any English club, but I do like Arsenal and how people who are outright supporters can still attempt to justify and accept the way they are doing things at the moment is absolutely baffling to me.

I mean they spent 30 million on Sanchez as their big marquee player for the big games and Wenger left him out of their biggest league game of the season so far. It's laughable.

That was the best part. Leave out the winger who's work rate you can easily rely on at least, to play Ozil. The player who goes hiding at the best of times, especially when he's played out of position, out wide.

Seemed like madness to me, especially after his FK against S'ton. You can win derbies on set pieces.

I do think it will come to fruition this year, I've got a feeling. I know people have said it a lot in recent years but I think this'll be the year they get put out of the CL and won't finish in the top 4. Wenger has no excuses after the money he's spent. It's just been an utter waste of funds that he so rarely spent over the last decade.

His stubbornness to spend money on key areas and his complete ignorance to needing a Plan B was always going to catch up with him.

That was the best part. Leave out the winger who's work rate you can easily rely on at least, to play Ozil. The player who goes hiding at the best of times, especially when he's played out of position, out wide.

Seemed like madness to me, especially after his FK against S'ton. You can win derbies on set pieces.

I do think it will come to fruition this year, I've got a feeling. I know people have said it a lot in recent years but I think this'll be the year they get put out of the CL and won't finish in the top 4. Wenger has no excuses after the money he's spent. It's just been an utter waste of funds that he so rarely spent over the last decade.

His stubbornness to spend money on key areas and his complete ignorance to needing a Plan B was always going to catch up with him.

(tu)

I think they should have let him go at the end of last season. Winning a cup would have been the best way for him to go out.

I think they are crying out for a new manager who can shake the status quo up a bit and I think somebody else could have spent the 70 million that Wenger did this season a lot better than he has too.

It’s become stale for Arsenal, I’m no fan of them and I take no satisfaction in any success they have (which is next to none in the past decade) but to be classed as a big club in Europe you really need to start taking things seriously.

Look at Dortmund, they have had to sell their best players but the other week they looked light years ahead of Arsenal on the pitch. They spent their money wisely and addressed key areas all over the park unlike Arsenal who bought shirt sellers at inflated prices.

What Arsenal needed to do in the summer was bring in 4-5 quality players including a central midfielder who can dominate a game and take it by the scruff of the neck like Viera used to do for them. A striker like Costa who scores goal and bullies CB’s would have been vital too…Welbeck is all pace and no end product.

You look at what Arsenal used to have in Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie, Viera ect and compare them to what they have tried to replace them with…Wilshere, Arteta, Welbeck, Flamini…It’s just not going to happen.

Ozil and Sanchez papered over the cracks and once again bought Wenger more time and false hope for the support, Ozil has been a massive disappointment so far and does very little to justify a £40 odd million transfer while Sanchez is a fantastic player but he’s not got stars surrounding him like before and he can’t do it all on his own.

Arsenal have been crying out for a change for a few years now, a top 4 finish is not what a club who claim to be one of the biggest in England should be aiming for…it has to be the title but Wenger seems to be happy with how they go about their work.

Looked like Jose shat it GF ,even in his interview he looked visibly shaken , :box::lol:

Not at all, made Wenger out to look like a old angry moron tbh>

Said he told him to get out his technical area and that seemed to make Wenger even more wound up :lol:

Only someone who is losing it acts the way Wenger did.

Jose has always had the better of him and Wenger knows it...he can't beat him so resorts these type of things.

Guys a joke and so are his team.

12-0 Jose.

Not at all, made Wenger out to look like a old angry moron tbh>

Said he told him to get out his technical area and that seemed to make Wenger even more wound up :lol:

Only someone who is losing it acts the way Wenger did.

Jose has always had the better of him and Wenger knows it...he can't beat him so resorts these type of things.

Guys a joke and so are his team.

12-0 Jose.

Made Jose look a shit bag ,calling for help , 12-0 or not , Jose isny as cool as he thinks he is ,he looked pathetic :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-xGVQUizeE

Made Jose look a shit bag ,calling for help , 12-0 or not , Jose isny as cool as he thinks he is ,he looked pathetic :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-xGVQUizeE

Calling for help? :lol: what you on about.

Jose stood his ground and made Wenger look like a right tit. Why would Jose retaliate when he knows there would be a ban and fine coming?

Done the right thing by allowing Wenger to make an arse of himself because he can't take getting beat.

Wenger is the biggest shitebag in English football management...just ask Alex Ferguson..

12-0

Arsenal and Wenger are fucking shite.