Tam Cowan suspended by the BBC

five stars

It's reported in the Herald online today (sorry no link) that Cowan has been suspended for remarks he make about womans football in Scotland.

How come the likes of Spence,Cosgrove, Spiers etc can say what they like about us, and the BBC do he-haw?

the bbc taking the moral high ground makes me want spew

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy he's off our airwaves, not because he talks shite, but because he's just not funny. What is funny is an unfunny man beign sold to us as funny. I actually think he brings down the tone of anything he's involved in, even if he's being nice, you can tell he'll rip into someone at any time and lay it all down to the 'BANTER'. He's subjects for fun can be worse than things on 'social sites'. I hope he doesn't get a reprieve and he's out for good, our good.

It smacks of double standards when Cowan gets suspended a day after his column is published yet, Spence, Spiers are allowed to continue working for the BBC Scotland after comparing ALL Rangers fans to Nazis and the Stasi. It would be very interesting to find out just WHO within the heirarchy of BBC Scotland took this decision and their reason for doing so, so quickly and compare this with our vilification by the two named above??

The article wasn't funny. Our women's national team is better than their male counterparts. Ironic that the fat ugly toad slagged some of the women's looks. His tits are bigger than theirs. Cunt couldn't walk the length of himself without stopping for a lunch break.

The article wasn't funny. Our women's national team is better than their male counterparts. Ironic that the fat ugly toad slagged some of the women's looks. His tits are bigger than theirs. Cunt couldn't walk the length of himself without stopping for a lunch break.

nonsense...........our women's national team is nowhere as good as the men's team. However the national teams are playing good football all be it at a slower pace. They'll get better and the day will come when we'll have mixed teams of women and men. ...big deal !

nonsense...........our women's national team is nowhere as good as the men's team. However the national teams are playing good football all be it at a slower pace. They'll get better and the day will come when we'll have mixed teams of women and men. ...big deal !

That day will never come mate.....I played a game that Julie fleeting (very good female player) was playing in....technically she was a better player but she just couldn't compete physically and that's just against amateurs.....the best female player in the world would be non league standard at best....anyway none of that detracts from the OP....

That day will never come mate.....I played a game that Julie fleeting (very good female player) was playing in....technically she was a better player but she just couldn't compete physically and that's just against amateurs.....the best female player in the world would be non league standard at best....anyway none of that detracts from the OP....

What game was this that Julie played in?

I don't think we'll ever see mixed football teams of men and women, there's so much of a gap.

I went to a charity game - ironcally at Fir Park - between two teams of amateurs, and one woman was playing, supposedly she played for one of the womens' teams and was said to be pretty good. Honestly, she was terrible, even the worst of the guys playing had so much more of a clue.

Next thing you know it and they will have a woman reading out the football results on the BBC :ohmy: .........Former BBC Radio 4 newsreader Charlotte Green returns to the microphone on Saturday, as the new reader of the classified football results on BBC Radio 5 live and the World Service.

Green, who supports Tottenham, takes over from James Alexander Gordon, who has retired. :)

So would we be happy for Cowan to write that article about Rangers Ladys team, including RM sponsored Nataile Ross? It's a sexist article which is dressed up as "humor" despite the parts highlighed being totally unfunny and quite a sad reflection on Scottish sociaty, if you dont like womans football fine dont watch it, but to slate it just because its "funny" is as pathetic as Cowan slating Rangers despite not going to watch us.

Are you serious???

Have you ever been to a comedy night(doubt it cos the offence it would cause would reduce you to tears).

Do you understand satire at all?

It IS funny and reflects what every guy I talk football with thinks about the Womens game.

TC is no Ricky Gervais, but he does a fair job at ripping the piss out of everything(not just us,by the way!)

Are you serious???

Have you ever been to a comedy night(doubt it cos the offence it would cause would reduce you to tears).

It IS funny and reflects what every guy I talk football with thinks about the Womens game.

TC is no Ricky Gervais, but he does a fair job at ripping the piss out of everything(not just us,by the way!)

Exactly, the "looking to be offended" cunts are making it difficult to make light of anything.

The world has gone fucking bonkers

Are you serious???

If you think Tam Cowan is funny then thats your business and yes my favourite comedys are satire Curb Your Enthusiasim, Family Guy, The Simpsons ect, but a man talking about burning down a stadium because a womans match was on is not funny, i repeat if Cowan was talking about burning down Ibrox because Rangers ladys had played there would you still find him so funny? I dont care if you dont like womans football or not i dont watch much myself but when people say stuff like Cowan did in a national paper they deserve everything they get and next time Cowan makes one of his Orange Ba****d or H** jokes and you get offended just remeber how he made you howl with laughter taking the piss out of some wee lassies!

If you think Tam Cowan is funny then thats your business and yes my favourite comedys are satire Curb Your Enthusiasim, Family Guy, The Simpsons ect, but a man talking about burning down a stadium because a womans match was on is not funny, i repeat if Cowan was talking about burning down Ibrox because Rangers ladys had played there would you still find him so funny? I dont care if you dont like womans football or not i dont watch much myself but when people say stuff like Cowan did in a national paper they deserve everything they get and next time Cowan makes one of his Orange Ba****d or H** jokes and you get offended just remeber how he made you howl with laughter taking the piss out of some wee lassies!

You do know he wasn't really advocating burning down a stadium,don't you?

His jokes won't offend me cos I know how little they reflect his beliefs.

Howl with laughter,wee lassies,Family Guy................get a grip of yoursel',man!

You do know he wasn't really advocating burning down a stadium,don't you?

His jokes won't offend me cos I know how little they reflect his beliefs.

Howl with laughter,wee lassies,Family Guy................get a grip of yoursel',man!

Of course i do but thats not the point is it, remembe CG and his "paki friend" comment? Now Green was not advocating racisim was he but he said something that was controversial in a national newspaper, people complained and he lost his job (although he was losing it anyway by that poiint) same goes for Cowan, i really dont see why people arent celebrating this anti- Rangers bigoted piece of scum getting in the shit. And whats wrong with Family Guy? To offensive for you? :pipe: