Make no mistake about it...they want troops banned

MayboleLoyal_atb

absolutely shameful behaviour but can we really expect any less from them

in all my times being at Rangers matches when members of the Armed Forces have been in attendance i have felt nothing but pride and admiration for them

if , as is being reported, it is being investigated about Saturday's behaviour (or lack of) then surely the police and stewards that were present on matchday be able to verify any alleged wrongdoings, also if they are being accused of anything then surely you are entitled to know who your accusers are ?

christ these men and woman have been prepared to put their lives on the line for this country and seen things that many of us couldn't imagine and this is what they get in return for dancing about on a football field for 10 minutes, make me sick

vote no in 2014

NO Then, NO Now, NO Forever !

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for your warm reception on Saturday, without doubt the greatest and proudest day of my Naval career.

Absolute joke for people to criticise this event, some of they boys (young boys aswell) mite never get the chance to attend a football match again, never mind doing so to the adoration of 40 odd thousand people who respect and support their sacrifices. Sometimes this country makes my skin crawl!

If it is the last then thanks again, you have made the last 12 years worth of sacrifice almost worthwhile and I am glad to of been part of it. I am and always will be proud to represent my service, country and more importantly club.

Rangers til I die!

Well said mate i salute you....time for club / Jack Irvine to stick up for the club against these scum out there....WATP

I actually can't believe people have a problem with this. From what I saw and heard on Saturday (Club Deck), the troops enjoyed their day out among friends. I would imagine that most, if not all, of them are Rangers fans so what exactly is the problem?

A minority of people clearly just have a problem with Rangers and the British Forces, when the two come together they lose all sense of perspective.

You are just not getting this are you. I don't know how you can always be so calm about things like this. I know your no on twitter but these people have got MSPS involved in this they have got the police involved in this and it's getting coverage on Sky news and on the radio etc........

The minute these people complain mock outrage spreads like wild fire across Scotland.

If they get a YES vote this is the kind of thing that will be seen a normal. Do these people not relies that there are thousands of SCOTTISH SOLDIERS in he army? It isn't just English you bitter bitter bastards.

They will not get a Yes vote, some of the Nats/Republicans can see this and are getting desperate. The more mental they get, like promising higher pensions and banishing death, the more they know they've lost it.

TBH it's not just "them" that are using this to try get troops banned from Ibrox.

Other online forums like P&B and Jambos s***back seem to be getting faux offended as well.

A lad on here got stick for posting a thread about Hearts memorial the other day, what these crackpots from Gorgie have been posting today is a 1000 times worse than that thread.

Maybe Rangers should give our forces a section for all home games.200 tickets in Club Deck every game.Show our support every other week.That would send the haters into meltdown.

You are exactly on the right track and don't know it!

It's called making a stand for freedom. More examples....

Orange church parade, march straight into Ibrox next year and every year!

Resident Orange flute band on match days. (In the sing a long, we would need to change a few words in TBB of course!)

Guest forces bands.

GSTQ played before the kick-off

Erskine veterans day

CoS collections on match days

Orange away top

...and so on.

All perfectly legal.

The scum have a catholic, anti-British, pira fest every other week and if not treasonable, bordering on it. Good for them and let them get on with it. WGAF!

My example is not about loving loyalists, Protestantism, our monarchy or British troops, far from it, but making a statement in defence of our liberties that are embodied in law, that is our right by birth and that our haters are now depriving us of, by subverting our political leaders and our legal system and infiltrating just about every influential institution in Scotland for the promulgation of their heinous self serving agenda. As I said previously, the rot stops now!

The more that we the Rangers support, Non-RC's, our politicians (joke!), our legal system, our police force, our mhedia continue to appease them, the more we are made to look the guilty party. They constantly take as we are constantly made to give (the NI peace process enacted in Scotland). They unjustly demonise us and we appear to be going, yeah your right, sorry. Well I don't do self flagellation and won't be anytime time soon, so let's get with the programme, the big picture and step up to the plate, as this oppression and erosion of our liberties will otherwise never end.

You are just not getting this are you. I don't know how you can always be so calm about things like this. I know your no on twitter but these people have got MSPS involved in this they have got the police involved in this and it's getting coverage on Sky news and on the radio etc........

The minute these people complain mock outrage spreads like wild fire across Scotland.

That's basically what I said but in a much calmer manner :lol:

What's happening is the scum have had bad publicity recently with their outrageous behaviour down south and the mighty rangers fans have had nothing but positive reports, so the bheasts have to deflect from them to us. This is their way of saying "we might have destroyed a football pitch and glorified the murder of a young British soldier but look at wat they did, dare I say it, they sang Rule Britannia, omg it's a disgrace"!

We could find a cure for cancer and they would be offended by it. I am proud to be a protestant and a bear and always will be!

RT "@AngelaHaggerty The Herald's Richard Wilson describes controversial Ibrox armed forces display as "wonderfully chaotic" <--SACK HIM NOW

Is this not the same Angela Haggerty who was defending Jim Spence recently along with the usual suspects 3 names etc. Defending his right to free speech. So it would appear that free speech is only OK as long as these people are not offended by it

You shouldn't be mate. There's a concerted effort by this group to demonise Rangers fans and there has been for some time now. It has to stop.

I hate to use the comparison (it's clearly nothing like as serious an issue) but the cabal's propaganda would be worthy of the pre-war German government. You know, the effort to portray a group of people as lesser, the attempt to blame that group for things where there should be no blame, the attempt to suggest that anything they do is wrong, the attempts to turn the general populace aggressively against them using any media possibe.

Some may think that comparison is too much. I think the demonisation of the Rangers fans is becoming sinister.

You should look out D'Artagnan's thread about Allport's Scale.

How the hell does a completely inaccurate report like this make it onto sky..

http://news.sky.com/story/1148450/rangers-soldiers-accused-of-sectarian-singing

"Video footage posted on YouTube appears to show some of those on the pitch clapping along as Rangers fans sing sectarian songs."

Unbelievable. The club needs to do something. The amount of people having a pop at us is becoming ridiculous.

(ps, Note how the headline say's the soldiers are accused of singing sectarian songs but then when you read the article it say's the soldiers applauded whilst the fans sang. Make your mind up! Not that its a sectarian song but hey ho!)

You should look out D'Artagnan's thread about Allport's Scale.

Yeah, I had a look there.

For everyone's benefit and to form their own opinion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allport's_Scale

Stages 1 and 3. Remember this can apply to things less awful than the Holocaust, so clearly it doesn't mean we are suffering what Jews or Native Americans did, nor does it mean we will be exterminated as prejudice does not always lead to that. But it seems to me we are the victims of prejudice nonetheless.

What a strange and disjointed place Britain has become

People getting offended by the slightest thing and running squealing to the authorities demanding punishment

The troops that are stationed in the likes of Afghanistan must think that the core of Britian has gone soft, maybe they are right?

I can see how this is going to end. Some young squaddie that's just back from Afghan risking his life is going to become the scapegoat and get the sack because of some pathetic point scoring and desperate attempts to damage Rangers. It really is an atrocious episode.