rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace ain't playing till the Tuesday night, and Macleod plays the Thursday before and Monday after?

Really is a baffling decision to postpone.

It's not baffling. We're missing some first time team players. Why should we go into a game without a full strength squad?

Some of those terms may be uncalled for but how do you know those living in and around glasgow won't be inconvenienced? If it's a midweek game then work commitments may restrict some who have paid for a season ticket....I know a few guys who play junior football and can't make Saturday games normally and they were really looking forward to this....it's a stupid decision when you take into account the players we have available and the potential that Wallace, perralta and Macleod may all be injured or suspended come the rescheduled game....will we ask for another postponement?

May be uncalled for??

Using the rules to our advantage is not a stupid decision. Wanting to have a full squad to choose from is not bottling it from anyone, it's the manager looking after the interests of the team.

Wallace ain't playing till the Tuesday night, and Macleod plays the Thursday before and Monday after?

Really is a baffling decision to postpone.

That doesn't mean that is when they meet up with their international squads, its not like five a side where you just turn up ten minutes before the match starts.

:lol: These teams are shite, we should be pumping them with far less players than our squad has.

If that's disrespectful so be it.

The same could be said of our squad when we were in the SPL. I don't recall anyone bleating about postponements on international dates even when we were only missing a few players.

So a team that includes mosnhi.bell, law, clark daly jig black faure foster smith and Templeton cant compete against Dunfermline? ? Disgraceful decision.

They could compete against Dundee in a friendly so maybe Ally feel the need to have his full squad.

Didnt something similar happen in the Ramsden cup without all the fuss.

Why does anyone honestly have a problem with this? Why should we go into our biggest game of the season minus a couple of important first team players? Good on the club. I still think we should just have told Scotland to go and take two fucks to themselves though.

I think I can guess why some do.

Because we're playing in the third tier of Scottish Football.

and...? We don't have the strongest team available, and we're playing the team that would probably be winning this league if we weren't in it, so why should we go into it with a weakened squad when we don't have to?

The game was arranged, we took an option to postpone it. Hardly voluntary if we played it.

We have the option, and we should do all we can to play our best team wherever possible.

I think it is a principled stance rather than anything else, to show respect to our opponents and show the squad that we need to avoid being complacent.

and...? We don't have the strongest team available, and we're playing the team that would probably be winning this league if we weren't in it, so why should we go into it with a weakened squad when we don't have to?

Because they won't finish within 20 points of us and we would have beaten them anyway. The club know they have large numbers of fans who travel long distances so should have made allowances.

It was hardly rocket science to figure out the probable call ups ( same as previous games) but they have been pushing tickets for this match like anything right up to the last day or two.

Because they won't finish within 20 points of us and we would have beaten them anyway. The club know they have large numbers of fans who travel long distances so should have made allowances.

It was hardly rocket science to figure out the probable call ups ( same as previous games) but they have been pushing tickets for this match like anything right up to the last day or two.

As we were most sides in the SPL. I dont recall anyone pissing and moaning when there were blanket postponements then.

So, we should damage our chances on the park against the second best team in the league because some fans from Fife or Dundee don't like it? Behave yourself.

As we were most sides in the SPL. I dont recall anyone pissing and moaning when there were blanket postponements then.

Are you really trying to claim the 3rd tier is on a level with the SPL?

A fair number of SPL teams could give us a decent game on their day that can hardly be said of this league. We beat the 3rd place side 8-0 a week ago FFS and they are of a very similar quality to Dunfermline