rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merely reinforces the view that our young players are not to be trusted by McCoist. An ideal opportunity for players like Aird, McAusland, McKay, Faure, Clark etc to get some much needed game time. And spare me this pish about our hardest opponents and we need a full strength squad. Utterly pathetic arguments for a team that will come nowhere near us over the course of the season.

And if we got beat then we get beat. We are 5 points ahead already and its only just in to October. We have more than enough players in the squad to play anyone in this league regardless of call ups.

Cowards way out.

Can't fault any of that.

(tu)

Running scared.

Not the Rangers way!

That's exactly what it looks like to me.

Bell

Foster

Mohsni

McCulloch

Smith

Law

Black

Crawford

Templeton

Daly

Clark

Still leaves you with Aird, McKay, Gasparotto, Faure and Cribari to call on. Not sure if Hutton and Hegarty would be match fit by then but are on the way back.

More about saving face for McCoist than facing these challenges head on and saying to the lads "go and prove me wrong"

Merely reinforces the view that our young players are not to be trusted by McCoist. An ideal opportunity for players like Aird, McAusland, McKay, Faure, Clark etc to get some much needed game time. And spare me this pish about our hardest opponents and we need a full strength squad. Utterly pathetic arguments for a team that will come nowhere near us over the course of the season.

And if we got beat then we get beat. We are 5 points ahead already and its only just in to October. We have more than enough players in the squad to play anyone in this league regardless of call ups.

Cowards way out.

Ally has a duty to put the best team possible on the pitch whenever he can. It's as simple as that, nothing to do with cowardice or the level of opposition.

Just seen this. I'm absolutely gutted. :(

I don't get many chances to make it up for games and having booked my flights weeks ago I've been so looking forward to getting back to Ibrox and watching my team again. It's not about the money etc as I'll be coming up anyway regardless it's not being able to watch and cheer on my team.

I completely understand the clubs decision, but I can't hide my disappointment.

About as selfish as a man who takes £800k to manage saying he cannot manage the squad he insisted on signing. Only one player signed this season will be missing so we still have the other 7 he claimed would enable us to challenge for trophies and win the leagues we were in

Who cares? Once again, we don't have a full strength squad, so why should we take that chance? Play a weakened squad because some selfish fans don't like it? No fucking chance.

Well I commend you for buying a season ticket and see why you'd be angry and whether we agree with the decision, it was always likely, but had to be dependant on the number of call ups to the international sides, which were only announced today.

I hope you can make another game to compensate.

To be honest I had no idea they would even think of calling off a game in the 3rd tier. I assumed they could handle it. Looks like I was wrong

Question: If Wallace and the other international call-ups were injured (and they have been) would the Club be asking the SPFL to cancel the game?

That's not really important though is it? They're fit, so why should we take a chance putting out a weakened squad just because some fans don't like it. These would be the same fans greeting if we dropped points. Well done Ally, the correct decision.

This just looks like Rangers can’t cope without Wallace and Lewis. A 2 man team ect ect.

It’s a shambles that we specifically brought in guys like Law, Foster, Smith ect so we could cope with missing a couple of players and now that situation has arisen we take the cowards way out.

Not for me.

To be honest I had no idea they would even think of calling off a game in the 3rd tier. I assumed they could handle it. Looks like I was wrong

As Adoniram points out, the manager has no faith in the youth players in his charge otherwise he'd have played this one regardless. We've the largest squad in the lower leagues by a country mile....so what the fuck is the point if he is feart' to utilise that advantage?

That's not really important though is it? They're fit, so why should we take a chance putting out a weakened squad just because some fans don't like it. These would be the same fans greeting if we dropped points. Well done Ally, the correct decision.

It was a hypothetical question which you chose not to answer.

Your prerogative.

He's got no confidence in the youth players as he's made clear by this decision.

The rest of the squad must be really chuffed at their manager's lack of faith in them.

It was a hypothetical question which you chose not to answer.

Your prerogative.

He's got no confidence in the youth players as he's made clear by this decision.

The rest of the squad must be really chuffed at their manager's lack of faith in them.

He wouldn't even be playing youth anyway, it would be Stevie Smith at left back. Is that really what you want to see?

Who cares? Once again, we don't have a full strength squad, so why should we take that chance? Play a weakened squad because some selfish fans don't like it? No fucking chance.

My wish to support my team is currently costing me nearly £300 per game watched just for tickets and you call that selfish?

My belief that we have a squad good enough to beat any team from that level of football with or without a few players is selfish?

I already said if I thought there was the slightest chance playing the game would damage our chances I would have said nothing but it simply isn't the case. The team quoted above by many posters would easily beat Dunfermline or any other team in that league without breaking sweat

I want to our strongest team out on the park every week IF fit and available, Its just so happens that they are fit but not available to play this game.. We had the option to call it of so we have done and its the correct decision well done Rangers

My wish to support my team is currently costing me nearly £300 per game watched just for tickets and you call that selfish?

My belief that we have a squad good enough to beat any team from that level of football with or without a few players is selfish?

I already said if I thought there was the slightest chance playing the game would damage our chances I would have said nothing but it simply isn't the case. The team quoted above by many posters would easily beat Dunfermline or any other team in that league without breaking sweat

Why put out a weakened team when we don't need to? That will be the clubs stance on this.. It is my way of thinking also