Mather and StockBridge Meeting King

derekweir29

I doubt this means he is going to invest. Even though i have no problem with the current board i find this slightly worrying.

he's already said he won't buy shares from exisiting shareholders. His preference will be to wait for a new share issue and buy then so that his money will go into Rangers and not into the pockets of investors who are bailling out.

That share issue will come before we reach the top division

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the current board are in talks with King can only be a positive.

Clearly a serious cash investor is required. Therefore any investor acquiring existing shares in the Club is not actually improving the Clubs financial position. King has made it clear that any cash he puts in will be to Rangers Football Club. That in itself is a positive- and what is actually needed. This is action rather than rhetoric.

If there is another share offering, I cannot see King making a serious investment if he recognises that a serious chunk of his investment is going to go out on funding any excessive boardroom salaries or costs of setting up a share offering.

Whatever his reputation- he is the one person who has invested a massive chunk of personal wealth in the Club, rather than using other peoples money. He is a Glasgow born fan, who has made good. It cannot have been an easy journey from Castlemilk to South Africa and back to Ibrox as an "Investing" Director.

he's already said he won't buy shares from exisiting shareholders. His preference will be to wait for a new share issue and buy then so that his money will go into Rangers and not into the pockets of investors who are bailling out.

That share issue will come before we reach the top division

Peoe change their minds and maybe he has changed his opinion of the board or who owns the shares. He could approach the institutional investors to buy the shares, or maybe he was just pulling PM leg and is the main person behind green and co.

I'm not keen on king as he is a bit dodgy and has the potential to be a new SDM

However he has spent money so that puts him way ahead of Minico

If he does join the board it's curtains for Minico and back to the drawing board for mini.

Mini has probably already been on the phone to king asking if he can ditch McColl and jump ship.

Apparently not if your name is Richard Bernstein, Eurovestech or half a dozen or so similar investors to whom Green promised the Sun and the Moon and the Stars.

What's that got to do with anything? You giving Green shite now for trying to get investors in? Unbelievable

What's that got to do with anything? You giving Green shite now for trying to get investors in? Unbelievable

it's to do with the fact people like you gave him support because of his press snippets while he took millions of pounds we had invested in the club for himself. Do you never learn? No amount of shouting at the sfa or celtic through the press is worth £3.5m a year, nevermind what he gave to the rest. Fair enough you backed him when he was at the club i can understand but now he's gone and we know how much he took , give it a rest.

it's to do with the fact people like you gave him support because of his press snippets while he took millions of pounds we had invested in the club for himself. Do you never learn? No amount of shouting at the sfa or celtic through the press is worth £3.5m a year, nevermind what he gave to the rest. Fair enough you backed him when he was at the club i can understand but now he's gone and we know how much he took with him give it a rest.

Still peddling the 3.5 million a year lie again aye?

You'll find I only mentioned him because someone else did first while quoting me, right out the blue

Pesky pesky facts

I'm not keen on king as he is a bit dodgy and has the potential to be a new SDM

However he has spent money so that puts him way ahead of Minico

If he does join the board it's curtains for Minico and back to the drawing board for mini.

Mini has probably already been on the phone to king asking if he can ditch McColl and jump ship.

A bit dodgy? You must really detest the Easdales then?

This is certainly not the case.

There are a good few mega rich in South Africa. I'm talking billionaires, not just hundreds of millions.

At a guess you are probably correct. Mandela and his minions have probably looted more than King could ever make but this was in the Herald in 2009:

Popular mythology depicts him as the milk boy who left the Chateau-Lait with a tenner to his name and became – to the belated surprise of the South African government – the richest man in the rainbow nation.

You just never know.

King is a Rangers man, like him or hate him you can not deny it, He lost 20m when the old company went under so he lost more than most. If he invests I want him to become our biggest shareholder. Will he invest with this board? he might think he can get a better deal in 12 months, but rest assured at some point this guy will invest. Unlike McColl who has invested and lost nothing, Dave King is a bear, and a bear with millions, who we can't ignore.

If DK comes in it will be under his terms which may not suit Mather and Stockbridge

Maybe not, but on the other side of the coin it may not suit Paul Murray and certain other individuals and groups.....everyone who knows him or seen his work has spoken positively about Mather, maybe King will see the same and wish to support him.....what then for the #sacktheboard brigade?

King is a Rangers man, like him or hate him you can not deny it, He lost 20m when the old company went under so he lost more than most. If he invests I want him to become our biggest shareholder. Will he invest with this board? he might think he can get a better deal in 12 months, but rest assured at some point this guy will invest. Unlike McColl who has invested and lost nothing, Dave King is a bear, and a bear with millions, who we can't ignore.

He lost more than any other (tu)

and he wants to fire money in again? He'll do for me.

Kev I don't think it will be the end for the rebels - they will only up their dirty tricks and campaigns of lies and smears

Things will get messier but we need to ride it out - they can't be allowed to bully their way in

When will it end though mate....that's the issue....unless they manage to bully and scaremonger their way to what they want they will continue trying to damage and undermine the club for their own wishes with no thought of the bigger picture or what's best for the club.

And if they do get what they want will that be the end of it and suddenly the media will be our friends, the accounts will be perfect, Paul Murray et al won't take a penny out the club and there will be no more in-fighting? Can't see it myself!