David Templeton transfer request tomorrow

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's been that disappointing, we knew from his time with Hearts he was inconsistent but at times great to watch. Nothing's change on that score for me, at times last season he made some of the turgid football bearable to watch with his moments of sheer quality.

Not many wingers are highly consistent but I agree he needs to do more, I hope he stays.

Inconsistent in the SPL.

Expect him to regularly produce the goods in these shite leagues.

Wether this is true or not, who's going to pay at least half a million for a player who can't get a game in the third tier of Scottish football?

He should be getting a game though, it's madness that we play 4 central midfielders with two of them out of position in wide positions when we have wide options available.

The problem is that a club like ours affords young players the room to become and act like prima donnas.

This can lead to their ruin so a strong guiding hand is required.

He's not a young player now he's almost 25.

Just heard a rumour from his brothers mates sisters uncles father-in-law. Temps is going to sign a new contract tomorrow and says he's 100% commited to helping Rangers FC back to the top of Scottish football and into Europe.

Just seeing if it works both ways... :pipe:

has he done anything in the past half dozen games or so to say that he deserves to be starting in the team, no would be my answer. don't think there would be too many teams in for him if he can't get a game for a third tier scottish team

I don't understand why the likes of Templeton and McKay aren't getting playing time infront of Peralta. I'd be rather upset if I were them too if I wasn't getting playing time either. They were arguably two of our better players last term and they got replaced by some nobody who has done absolutely nothing so far in a Rangers jersey.

It is good that we have players in our squad that can bring this type of debate back again. On Temps we will just have to and see but we would get some kind of fee but I feel he needs to prove Ally wrong and pick him.

If Temps wants a transfer then it is down to the manager not wanting him, as I very much doubt he does not want to play for Rangers. In that respect, I would love to see him show the same resolve as Coisty did, when Souness wanted rid of him - that is the making of a legend.

Templeton had a bad time of it in Div 3 and will have lost confidence from it, but Div 2 has less players who will hack you down, so he can pull it back. I see Temps as very much needed for next season, where we meet good opposition.

If this is true, where does he expect to end up? The entertaining SPFL? I can't see it anyway - he knew what he was signing up for what with the lower leagues. Perhaps he thought he'd be a shoe in but tough shit - deal with it. He'd soon regret leaving, as does every man that leaves the Rangers.

For what its worth, he's an exciting player & talent but the fact of the matter is that he is massively inconsistent & goes missing in most games. As do most players of that style!

That said, I'd like him to stick it out.

As long as we don't him go for nothing the i don't care. He's done fuck all since he's been here.

Did you steal that post count?

Most would listen to you from your post count alone but what a load of shite you have just said.

Believe it or not i was actually thinking today when i saw the team i think Templeton would be starting to get pissed off with this.

When he signed for us i felt genuine excitement, it was the dark days and he scored a peach against Liverpool the night before signing.

The last time we won the league with a few games to go at Ibrox he ripped Whittaker to pieces in the first half down the left before he was taken off, i turned to my cousin and said thank fuck he's off, i had no idea who he was but made a point of finding out after and took notice off this guy.

He does blow hot and cold but when he's hot he's good. I would be gutted if this is true and would blame the management for this one. There is no way a guy with his ability should be left out a team in our league.

Did you steal that post count?

Most would listen to you from your post count alone but what a load of shite you have just said.

ok, could have put it better but i don't think he's done much since coming to us. He is a good player but doesn't show that the majority of times he plays. (tu)