David Templeton transfer request tomorrow

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame if he is wanting to leave, I know he can be hit or miss at times but when he is playing he is a good player to watch and as said earlier he has saved us many times.

If true then it will be a real test on Ally to see how he handles situations that don't concern on the field play.

Reckon 1st_Jan is just 'planting' this wee story to see which newspapers run with it tomorrow. After all this is where they get most of their news.... well that's when they are not getting stories direct from Mini or Al K. Murray.

Doubt he would hand in an official request in October - well, nearly November.

At the end of the day, since he has come in he just hasn't been consistent enough and for me he has, on occasions, just not looked interested. It was extremely unfortunate for him to miss the bulk of pre-season which would have done him the world of good.

Against Forfar just there, he had a dreadful 70 minutes. Couldn't beat a man, couldn't put a cross in, could barely find a player with a pass and then McKay came on and done all they things but just couldn't get anything to count.

I would be disappointed to see him go and hope this isn't true as I was one who wanted him to join, but if the boy wants to leave then we shouldn't hold him back and could fetch £1.5-£2m at least.

Reckon 1st_Jan is just 'planting' this wee story to see which newspapers run with it tomorrow. After all this is where they get most of their news.... well that's when they are not getting stories direct from Mini or Al K. Murray.

It will be tomorrow's exclusive.

Had always wanted Templeton to sign for us and I think he did a good job for us last season but I think he will struggle to get game time this season due to Ally playing through the middle with Black and Law linking up really well and dominate the middle of the park, something we were crying out for last season. Always feel bad for wingers because they always have large spells of mediocre preformances then have is an awe one week and back to mediocre preformance the next week.

Hope he stays with us, I think he could be a player for us when we get back in to the SPFL or even the first division. Either way I wont begrudge his decision and wish him the best regardless.

He has been very disappointing since he arrived, had high hopes for him.

He has been very patchy, and very predictable, full backs have him worked out now.

Although he can score a wonder goal, he has a serious lack of pace.

Think he is realistic to know there won't be many takers on his current form.

750k? No chance, he can't Gera game in the third tier.

I don't think he's been that disappointing, we knew from his time with Hearts he was inconsistent but at times great to watch. Nothing's change on that score for me, at times last season he made some of the turgid football bearable to watch with his moments of sheer quality.

Not many wingers are highly consistent but I agree he needs to do more, I hope he stays.