China signs 10 year deal with SPFL

Shuggy

I wonder why the deal covers the whole of the SPFL and not the top tier as is usual?

Can't imagine why the Chinese are interested in seeing Brechin, Stenhousmuir, Ayr .... unless ...

What? Blechin City is big crub in China terevision :thumbup:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3cunts.jpg

You're telling me...

The unholy trinity gets together for a quick rendition of your favourite Irish "folk" tunes.

Fat Alex has a cheek waxing lyrical about this being great for scottish football when he did little to prevent it's greatest financial catastrophe.

Still, if they get a wee junk (et) out of it, it can't be all bad.

It still seems ludicrous to me that decisions about our game are being made by vested interests within it.

They aren't even trying to hide it now.

Its a good deal for Scottish Football althrough we wont see much of the extra revenue until the 2015/16 Season.

People may look at it and say its not enough but its an extra £2m a year in the pot, its also a potential goldmine for Rangers, other clubs and the league in general from a sponsorship point of view,

China is an absolutely huge market and by the time we're in the Premiership fans will be intrigued by the Old Firm game, it'll be absolutely huge World Wide, thats a pretty big foundation to build on, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and even that mob could hopefully follow our lead in bringing in big sponsprships due to the fact its an access point to China.

Forget the £2m, thats just a top up, the big thing here is our club and possibly others as well as the league itself has 10 years access to China, very astute move in my opinion.

You also forget that it is one of the places that forge everything anyone in the world make. Why would they buy any goods when they buy from forgers.

You also forget that it is one of the places that forge everything anyone in the world make. Why would they buy any goods when they buy from forgers.

I was thinking along the lines of gaming companies, point taken though, there will always be a negative if people want to find them I suppose

I was thinking along the lines of gaming companies, point taken though, there will always be a negative if people want to find them I suppose

I am normally a pretty positive person but this is not a good deal, personally I think it makes our league look desperate for cash which it probably is and China knew it, any deal over a 10 year period is poor(unless your Wonga) it leaves no room to sit round a table and try to get more cash. I take your point on Scottish teams get some PR in China, but I don't know why gaming companies would be interested in our football league, maybe that is why wee hitler was there.

Had to laugh....!!!

"There is clearly a growing appetite for European football coverage in China and now football fans across this country will be able to enjoy the action from iconic Scottish footballing venues such as Easter Road, Fir Park and Pittodrie," said Salmond. "

Aye...Iconic all right!!

Iconic in that little fanny's eyes the saddo that he is. IMO after a matter of weeks of watching Kilmarnock, St Mirren and their likes the Chinese will be put off football for life and look for an alternative Iconic sport like ladies beach volleyball (Hmm! now where did I put that remote control again)

'Clubs representative Peter Lawwell?' We keeping up the plural pretense then are we?

Lawwells dominant involvement in these kinds of deals does nothing to allay the concerns that Scottish football is being arranged to suit one entity.

The slanty eyed one does seem to have too much involvement in all the decisions that affect Scottish football whether it be SFA or SPFL related but if it means the Chinese accept him as one of their own and keep him over there it can't be such a bad thing really.

What we should be doing is buying the best Chinese player we can afford in January and get him in the squad, that will generate some interest in us over there.

I'm pretty sure a certain other team will have thought of this

Flung Wan In isn't as good as Cammy.........so let's not go for him

What we should be doing is buying the best Chinese player we can afford in January and get him in the squad, that will generate some interest in us over there.

I'm pretty sure a certain other team will have thought of this

The Chinks will be demanding this, Liewell will have a team full of them soon enough, just think of all those shirt sales with whoflugdung on them, it's gonna be like a Chinese takawy reading the team sheets

'Clubs representative Peter Lawwell?' We keeping up the plural pretense then are we?

Lawwells dominant involvement in these kinds of deals does nothing to allay the concerns that Scottish football is being arranged to suit one entity.

Must be a tour of Jap...opps China coming up;-)

Corn flakes anytime oz it was 6am here of course.

This 11 hours time difference does my head in,mate....You would think that after 47 years I would be used to it by now doh

You have coln frakes for blekfast so do chinese have pollidge? :P