Barrie McKay

thehost

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this boy have to do to get a game.

Whilst young he had some real cameo moments last year, this year consigned to history.

The management team we need are people who would foster such a talent and not indulge 35 year olds.

We are missing a once in a lifetime opportunity here to transform our footballing ethos.

Our new CEO, it is over to you. Please do what is right for RFC not what will make good press in the daily rhebel.

he's got to go wide up the wing instead of cutting inside all the time.

he's got to deliver a decent cross from near the corner flag

I can only apologise for the thought crime of wishing that a young boy, with a bit of verve, should expect the indulgence of actually being played

Since when did McKay play in defence? How is Jig playing at centre back stopping Barrie playing? Drink a pint of water before you go to bed.

I think he is good enough for 1st team selection, can be an exciting player to watch and can only improve if given the chance alongside seasoned professionals. Along with Crawford and Aird, these young players need more experience.

The youth of today is our team of tomorrow.

On his day there's no doubting McKay is an exciting talent but the consistency is just not there. Last season there were a few times when he was in superb form only to disappoint the next game or two.

The management team see him on a daily basis and obviously feel there are better alternatives.

The only way b mac will get game time is if we kill the game in the first 45.

The fans demand - firstly - a win. And regardless of what we think, statistically Daly and Nicky Clark are the more likely to score.

I

I have been delighted how we are progressing as we should but after enjoying seeing

a natural footballing talent amongst the normal boredom .

Only issue is what has our stand out talent that looked totally out of place

make coisty to drop him from the bench never mind the first team.

He was injured but not that serious to ditch him !

We need answers - it doesnt add up and to see daly up front with no wing service ?

Was hoping Barrie would get a wee cameo at the end but unfortunately not still at least hes back on the bench, perhaps he needs to become the new judge for a while then prove Ally wrong the way Ally proved Souness wrong all those years ago

Ally proved his worth because he did get game time off he bench almost every game, not sure that McKay will get that chance. Going back to earlier postings;if he was a defender I think he would have more chance of playing as a wide player going by the way Ally likes to set up the team.

Cameron that's actually a good point mate!

Macloed is practically the first name on the teaam sheet! He was rested for 2 or 3 games and he's now back in and he seems better for it

Barry McKay isn't ready for regular first team football at this stage of his development. (even at this level of league) As a coach/manager, I've seen players like McKay rushed into a place they are not ready for and end up going backwards at a rapid rate. If he has the committment and the skill then he will take his chance when given it and he will stay in the team, so until then, let him get his confidence in the age team.

barrie mc kay was the stand out player for me last season - no one else

what is the problem - a guy that glides past opposition for fun

He cannot get a place on the bench ?

David Templeton & Fraiser Aird good - But Barrie Mc Kay

on his day gave me hope .

If he was good enough he would be playing, simple.

Never understood why some people on here think that young players should have some sort of define right to get game time because of their age. Absolutely not. They need to prove to be to a certain standard before contention for a place, like Lewis Macleod has shown. Im not a fan of Barrie mainly because I dont think he is up to scratch, take away is above average pace he isn't that great a player

Couldn't agree more mate

barrie mc kay was the stand out player for me last season - no one else

what is the problem - a guy that glides past opposition for fun

He cannot get a place on the bench ?

David Templeton & Fraiser Aird good - But Barrie Mc Kay

on his day gave me hope .

Barry McKay was not the stand out last season. He's talented but had more indifferent games than good. It happens. He's a kid. I'm sure he'll have a decent career.

Lewis MacLeod was outstanding last season. He remains in the team now. Reason? Because he's up to it and plays well consistently.