• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barrie mc kay was the stand out player for me last season - no one else

what is the problem - a guy that glides past opposition for fun

He cannot get a place on the bench ?

David Templeton & Fraiser Aird good - But Barrie Mc Kay

on his day gave me hope .

Couldn't agree more, he was the only player who excited me last season. He's maybe a wee bit inconsistent, but I never seen a more exciting player in Scottish Football last season.

barrie mc kay was the stand out player for me last season - no one else

what is the problem - a guy that glides past opposition for fun

He cannot get a place on the bench ?

David Templeton & Fraiser Aird good - But Barrie Mc Kay

on his day gave me hope .

Stand out now your taking the piss

I can only apologise for the thought crime of wishing that a young boy, with a bit of verve, should expect the indulgence of actually being played

From reports at reserve level maybe this is the key reason McKay isn't getting a game and that Aird (not 35 year old Lee McCulloch) is ahead of him in the pecking order - among others.

The boy needs to get his finger out and work hard to deserve to be in the team.

Tbh having read Allys comments on McKay and now a Dickson piece which mentions him i think its being hinted that his attitude is not up to scratch, rather than his talent. I hope he knuckles down and shows hes good enough even if he thinks hes unfairly left out of the tem, it is odd that he was on the bench on Sat never got on and then dropped completely again last night, like Allys trying to make a point?

I can only apologise for the thought crime of wishing that a young boy, with a bit of verve, should expect the indulgence of actually being played

That wasn't your crime. Your crime was saying Jig was a disgrace. The rest was just a bit stupid.

So to you (OP) where does that leave Templeton and Aird? Plus we've got Dean Shiels coming back from injury. Does he fit in?

Raises questions as to why the fuck McCoist wants to sign more players :anguish:

Because he could not pick a team if his life depended on it, but he will buy 29-35 year old seasoned pros to make up for his limited managerial capabilities, (or lack of). Sadly

I sound like his dad the way i,m supporting his case but saddened that a natural talent

will one day perform at another club and we will regret not developing the youth

if he decides he needs first team football.

Fraser aird to his credit stuck it out after a promising introduction to the team

and waited his time and he is being rewarded for patience.

Barrie has to look at his wing mate and do the same keep waiting for his time.

If he is eating at nandos great he then needs to get to mc donalds

and also try out kentucky fried chicken then we might have a lean mean fighting machine

only if he uses a george foreman grill . :5536:

Because he could not pick a team if his life depended on it, but he will buy 29-35 year old seasoned pros to make up for his limited managerial capabilities, (or lack of). Sadly

Assuming you want Barrie to play on either wing the place he wants has mostly been taken up by these players recently; Templeton (24), Aird (18), Peralta (24), Macleod (19). Their average age is 21 years of age. Two played alongside Barrie in the youth team (Aird, Macleod). Macleod played his 50th game for us yesterday (youth given a chance). We only paid a transfer fee for one of the four players (Templeton). Not one of these players is 29 or over. The oldest is will be 25 in January (Templeton). Even if we round his age up you are still 3.5 years (29 year olds) to 9.5 years (35 year olds) off with your statement. So I will ask yet again..... who are the 'older' players keeping Barrie out?