Nicky Law

nvager

This guy looked terrific last season and earlier this season, but has fallen away steadily. He really needs to up his game again. He scored today, but otherwise was very poor.

He has the skill, but is riding on his reputation recently. He needs a word in his ear.

Generally speaking he and Black play too deep. One of them needs to move forward. McLeod is wasted on the left, maybe he should move into the middle for a game or two and gee Law up.

We need Law at his best again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy looked terrific last season and earlier this season, but has fallen away steadily. He really needs to up his game again. He scored today, but otherwise was very poor.

He has the skill, but is riding on his reputation recently. He needs a word in his ear.

Generally speaking he and Black play too deep. One of them needs to move forward. McLeod is wasted on the left, maybe he should move into the middle for a game or two and gee Law up.

What do you mean by "he needs a word in his ear" do you think he is not trying.For what it's worth I thought he played okay today.A bit inconsistent at times but they pressed hard all the time.A lot of our players didn't look happy on that surface as did some of theirs.I lost count of the number of times players slipped.

Agree something not quite right ATM, think Lewis wasted on right, we r plyn so narrow might be better to go 3-5-2.

Faure, Jig, Moshini

Temps/McKay Black McLeod Law Wallace

Clark Daly

Peralta just not doing it, McLeod not as effective on right and I don't think you can drop Black or Law, so only alternative is team above IMO.

Edit: on left doh

Law is stifled when we play the system we played today. Right side of our formation unbalanced the team and was impotent. Stevie Wonder could see we needed someone wide right and Peralta doesn't have it. Any one of the two Al mentioned ok but I would prefer Aird because of pace, wouldn't argue with any of the three though. That would create more space in midfield and allow Law to use his engine to better effect.

Agree something not quite right ATM, think Lewis wasted on right, we r plyn so narrow might be better to go 3-5-2.

Faure, Jig, Moshini

Temps/McKay Black McLeod Law Wallace

Clark Daly

Peralta just not doing it, McLeod not as effective on right and I don't think you can drop Black or Law, so only alternative is team above IMO.

Edit: on left doh

Conpletely agree. If we had a similar right sided full back (McAusland?) we would be perfectly set up for a 3-5-2. I don't think playing Temps/McKay would work as you suggest, would need to be an attacking minded full back.

Conpletely agree. If we had a similar right sided full back (McAusland?) we would be perfectly set up for a 3-5-2. I don't think playing Temps/McKay would work as you suggest, would need to be an attacking minded full back.

Yes not sure id trust either to put in the required effort, although McKay might surprise us.

Don't know how many times the ball came out from the Falkirk box only to be mopped up by the Falkirk midfield. No Law. No Black. Playing far to deep IMO. What happened to Laws' runs through the middle? Has he been told to cut it out? If so, why?

We were rank today.