'Tartan Army' in the away end

simplythebest

Some people within our fan base need to take a good look at themselves. They berate other clubs fans at every opportunity and call it banter - fair enough, but then we see shit like we have in this thread, where the piss is ripped out of people who want to sing their national anthem. Why don't you remember that Rangers were founded in Scotland and are a Scottish football team?

We all consider the Union to be a good thing for Scotland but I am fecked if I am going to lambast an Ayr Utd fan for singing FOS! Like wise I am not going to support England rather than Scotland, when I am a proud Scotsman.

Were you the guy that ate all the pies today mate ? :000000082:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it was funny to begin with but I'm pretty sure the policeman came down and told him to rise above it, so he stood and took shit off them for the whole game after that and finally snapped, which made it worse, he went to leave too and the police talked him out of it by the pie stands. The wee cunt he was going to fly for was exactly that but!

To be fair to the Ayr fans, singing "you fat bastard, you're under the thumb" had me in stitches the first time round.

This thread would never be here in the eighties - nineties

as the Scotland support was made up of alot of rangers supporters

The tartan army was a token phrase then.

We are a scottish team in a major city of that country and if the powers that be had

acted as such that our club being a proud national instution to promote rather than to try and kill off

the tartan army that invaded wembley in the early 70.s - 80.s might have not turned up.

The divide that has been caused if looking at nelson mandela terms this country did the opposite ?

Scottish football run by clowns in a state of turmoil self inflicted and the tartan army lucky

if they will be able to follow a scottish team in a major world tournament - will it be in our lifetime ?

So the tartan army in the away end - shows exactly where we are in attitudes and the unity as one nation we used to have.

You're not wrong there mate. I was deafened by the sound of wrappers tearing and the usual grumbles. When did the atmosphere at Ibrox become so shit. I went away to the Army 4 years ago, must of been between then and now. Nothing like it used to be. Can't even get people up to sing Derry's Walls, 90% never sang Penny Arcade or any Rangers songs at all, just hee haw. It's embarrassing and people trying to cover it up with the "we're there to watch the football" excuse is pathetic. We're meant to be vocal and encourage the team, if you're going to moan and tell people to sit down, then maybe you should get a Rangers TV subscription and piss off out the stadium.

Rant over.

Nail. Head. (tu)

Of course it's anti-English

O flower of Scotland

When will we see your like again

That fought and died for

Your wee bit hill and glen

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

The hills are bare now

And autumn leaves lie thick and still

O'er land that is lost now

Which those so dearly held

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

Those days are passed now

And in the past they must remain

But we can still rise now

And be the nation again

That stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

Which part? unless your referring to King Edward who invaded us.

Talking of the ibrox crowd, the atmosphere is pish! Too many season ticket holders who sit on their hands for 70 minutes (leaving 20 minutes early to get home for the xfactor) groan at the slightest mistake and talk utter shite for 90 minutes. The type of supporter who will tell you to be quiet if you start singing and tell you to sit down if you stand up. I'm only 20 years old so ive never witnessed and all standing stadium. Ive seen videos of our support rocking hampden back in the day and it looked fun. I still enjoy going to ibrox and even with a crowd of 40,000 no cunt sings apart from the UB. Old Trafford and the Emirates are just the same.

Talking of the ibrox crowd, the atmosphere is pish! Too many season ticket holders who sit on their hands for 70 minutes (leaving 20 minutes early to get home for the xfactor) groan at the slightest mistake and talk utter shite for 90 minutes. The type of supporter who will tell you to be quiet if you start singing and tell you to sit down if you stand up. I'm only 20 years old so ive never witnessed and all standing stadium. Ive seen videos of our support rocking hampden back in the day and it looked fun. I still enjoy going to ibrox and even with a crowd of 40,000 no cunt sings apart from the UB. Old Trafford and the Emirates are just the same.

Its all part of growing up mate .We have all been there .Every fan has been where you are now .Restless looking for excitement ,your next fix if you like. You wont really see that until we have competition in a league or cup . So ease up on us old codgers .The atmosphere is just fine by me .45,000 bluenoses all watching the best club in Scotland .Where else would you rather be . The scumdome where they smash all the seats ;)