Ally McCoist insists he wants to play no part in potential fire sale of his play

Bothwellbear

When it comes to McCoist people have lost the ability, or obstinately refuse to, read between the lines and understand what he's really saying. All he's really saying is he doesn't want to lose anybody but might be forced to. Quelle suprise. People are so literal reading McCoist's interviews it's painful. Of course he'll be involved in cutting his squad if it comes to that, unless he's told Wallace has to go to raise cash.

Would tend to agree with this 9/10 times. Think his comments of 'who? Me?' are pretty cringeworthy this time though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to McCoist people have lost the ability, or obstinately refuse to, read between the lines and understand what he's really saying. All he's really saying is he doesn't want to lose anybody but might be forced to. Quelle suprise. People are so literal reading McCoist's interviews it's painful. Of course he'll be involved in cutting his squad if it comes to that, unless he's told Wallace has to go to raise cash.

Cant agree mate. I read the words rather than between the lines, and to me its clear. Allys recent tone and responses are creating a division between him and the board. I rate Wallace as a CEO more than Ally as a manager.His loyalty is not to the club and it should be.Passed the point of no return for me now. His ability has always been in doubt, his decision making in this instance dreadful. Enough is enough.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist insists he wants to play no part in potential fire sale of his players

18 Jan 2014 07:48

I think this headline is divisive, and put this way deliberately to be negative. The fact that the players had a choice to refuse the pay cut makes me think Wallace is willing to negotiate a bit. No one has indicted that a fire sale is imminent, but if we are to lose players, I think the manager should be fighting for his best players (i.e., the ones we will need to take us up the leagues). I don't think it helps the situation with Ally sounding off like he has lately. Yes, I know he is being asked questions but he is in control of his answers and should not be adding to the speculation.

Would tend to agree with this 9/10 times. Think his comments of 'who? Me?' are pretty cringeworthy this time though.

I disagree. I don't think this is any different. I think he's probably trying to stay onside with the players, knowing that he may have to punt some. His purchases and on field decisions can be cringeworthy at times, but I don't think his interviews are as bad as people suggest.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist insists he wants to play no part in potential fire sale of his players

18 Jan 2014 07:48

I think this headline is divisive, and put this way deliberately to be negative. The fact that the players had a choice to refuse the pay cut makes me think Wallace is willing to negotiate a bit. No one has indicted that a fire sale is imminent, but if we are to lose players, I think the manager should be fighting for his best players (i.e., the ones we will need to take us up the leagues). I don't think it helps the situation with Ally sounding off like he has lately. Yes, I know he is being asked questions but he is in control of his answers and should not be adding to the speculation.

He's a big media man and fair enough that's part of his time as a TV personality etc but sometimes not such a good thing in his position now.

Cant agree mate. I read the words rather than between the lines, and to me its clear. Allys recent tone and responses are creating a division between him and the board. I rate Wallace as a CEO more than Ally as a manager.His loyalty is not to the club and it should be.Passed the point of no return for me now. His ability has always been in doubt, his decision making in this instance dreadful. Enough is enough.

As I say mate, I don't think he's saying what people say he is. I really doubt an interview like this will cause Wallace to feel like Ally is creating any sort of division. I think it's seen as some sort of childish huff, when it isn't. As I say, I think we'll find that he is involved in squad cutting if and when it happens.

At a time where we need to be decisive. Yet again, Ally tries to deflect his responsibilities.

It's not on, no man is bigger than the club. If Ally isn't willing to make major decisions on his own squad of players. Then it's time for him to step aside and let somebody come in that will.

Head in the sand approach to management. Hundreds of grand a year to pick a starting 11 and that's it.

Enough is enough. He harms us and still some refuse to see it.

Please do walking away Alistair whilst your status as a legend ( playing ) is intact.

Why on earth would anything he does as manager affect his playing status?

At a time where we need to be decisive. Yet again, Ally tries to deflect his responsibilities.

It's not on, no man is bigger than the club. If Ally isn't willing to make major decisions on his own squad of players. Then it's time for him to step aside and let somebody come in that will.

The comment about not filling the bench was a joke in our situation

I disagree. I don't think this is any different. I think he's probably trying to stay onside with the players, knowing that he may have to punt some. His purchases can be cringeworthy and on field decisions can be cringeworthy at times, but I don't think his interviews are as bad as people suggest.

Does he demonstrate a willingness to work with the board, or does he demonstrate division? I actually have to credit him for how hes playing things, far more astute and politician like in his manoevring that i thought he was capable of.Few rate his managerial abilities. Many who do seem to want to keep him there because hes a rangers legend looking out for us. Well the club has financial issues and he doesnt appear to be helping very much. Quite the opposite.He isnt intentionally trying to harm us but he is. And if he stays, managing a poorer squad of players, I cant see us progressing against better, full time teams.

Ally may have to get his hands dirty soon, I appreciate what he's trying to do but when push comes to shove he will do what he needs to, I'm sure of that.

I'd like to see people on here say that he lacks backbone to his face. It's laughable.

Why on earth would anything he does as manager affect his playing status?

Its about down the line how i want to think of ally. With pride, or with animosity.I want to remember him as a playing great who helped us in our time of need but who wasnt a particuarly good manager.I dont want in 5 years or so to think of Ally as being the guy who managed us so badly it got to the stage I resented the guy. Couldnt care less about the footballer because of the harm he did as a manager type thing.

Actually, the way I am starting to feel now.

I disagree. I don't think this is any different. I think he's probably trying to stay onside with the players, knowing that he may have to punt some. His purchases and on field decisions can be cringeworthy at times, but I don't think his interviews are as bad as people suggest.

As I say mate, I don't think he's saying what people say he is. I really doubt an interview like this will cause Wallace to feel like Ally is creating any sort of division. I think it's seen as some sort of childish huff, when it isn't. As I say, I think we'll find that he is involved in squad cutting if and when it happens.

Ach, as I say, it end to agree with you on the general point. Few things irritate me more than folk taking random quotes from football people and taking them so literally. It's naive to a concerning degree. I found this one got my back up a bit though. The headline certainly was a bit sensationalist mind. I guess there's a part of me that, although I defend Ally from a lot, would like him to be that little bit more hardline, more callous, more ruthless

This stuff is part of his job. I'd hope he is fully aware of that in private, but I think you can understand some folk getting their back up when he seems to often refuse to acknowledge it in public

Does he demonstrate a willingness to work with the board, or does he demonstrate division? I actually have to credit him for how hes playing things, far more astute and politician like in his manoevring that i thought he was capable of.Few rate his managerial abilities. Many who do seem to want to keep him there because hes a rangers legend looking out for us. Well the club has financial issues and he doesnt appear to be helping very much. Quite the opposite.He isnt intentionally trying to harm us but he is. And if he stays, managing a poorer squad of players, I cant see us progressing against better, full time teams.

I don't think either can be inferred from what he says, certainly on this occasion, and I can't think of any time (with Wallace) where I've thought what he said was divisive. I think he is being politically astute in terms of his place as a conduit between the board and the players, and not in a way that will concern the CEO.

The Rangers players are holding firm for now, in part because highly paid executives at the club have yet to be approached about wage reductions.

So many seem to be missing this point.

This is where the cuts should begin. There was a time being a Rangers executive was a labour of love and not about financial gain. These guys are businessmen and its assumed they have made their money . If any are real Rangers men its time to show your worth.

No it isn't,the directors are taking <1m per year between them ( roughly) that is sustainable. The players are taking closer to 7m per year, and with the income we currently have, that is NOT sustainable.

Ach, as I say, it end to agree with you on the general point. Few things irritate me more than folk taking random quotes from football people and taking them so literally. It's naive to a concerning degree. I found this one got my back up a bit though. The headline certainly was a bit sensationalist mind. I guess there's a part of me that, although I defend Ally from a lot, would like him to be that little bit more hardline, more callous, more ruthless

This stuff is part of his job. I'd hope he is fully aware of that in private, but I think you can understand some folk getting their back up when he seems to often refuse to acknowledge it in public

Fair play. (tu)

As I say, I have no issues with what he's doing here.

i back Ally against a lot of his detractors when I feel the criticism isn't warranted, in this case I feel it is warranted.

Ally is gonna need to get his hands dirty and get rid of some players ( especially if the across the board pay cut is a non starter)

We NEED to cut money off the wage bill, this is undeniable FACT. Ally should be doing more to help that along.

Thought Ally was our manager, not just a first team coach?

Big difference between to two. He's been and is continuing to be paid a ridiculous sum of money, and now it is time to earn his wage making difficult decisions and he's ducking it. It's a disgrace.

He needs to man up and play his part in getting our club out of this mess, instead of wee digs at the board trying to pressurise them into keeping such an overinflated squad.

If he was such a fucking terrible manager, he wouldn't require to keep spending his way out of trouble. It's just a plaster over job, hiding the major cracks in his managerial ability.

Can't wait until we bring a decent manager in, who works with the club instead of against it.

i back Ally against a lot of his detractors when I feel the criticism isn't warranted, in this case I feel it is warranted.

Ally is gonna need to get his hands dirty and get rid of some players ( especially if the across the board pay cut is a non starter)

We NEED to cut money off the wage bill, this is undeniable FACT. Ally should be doing more to help that along.

hes accepted hes not getting Kenny Miller Gogzy, what more do you want? :pipe: