your favourite ever title

MrMccoist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

too many to choose from, certainly from my time Souness's first in 87 after 9 long years, last day drama in 91 with Hateley's double, Laudrup's 9IAR clincher in 97, Arteta's penalty in 03, big Marv's Keep Believing in 05, Operation Tango in 09 especially after being dead on our feet the previous year, 3 goals up at Killie after 7 mins, all as worthy as any of our title wins but for me it has to our next one. after all the crap we have been through in the past few years the moment when we are back as champions of Scotland will be one of our club's finest hours (and a half) after being forced to the bottom to getting back to the top will be one to remember

I thought 2-0 v sheep '91 was a fantastic feeling(maybe the best) as we had not long lost our manager , players were dropping like flies & we had been thumped by Motherwell the week before .

The league title wins thereafter were good but there was an inevitability about 8 & 9 in a row but still not the same as '91 .

'99 v yahoos was great but didn't or wasn't allowed to enjoy as i was hovering about the giro dome for 90 mins after final whistle trying to get back home but couldn't cause the trouble they caused outside was crazy .

'03 was mental for me as i was told the day before by my management that i couldn't get off my shift but they allowed a f*cking yahoo to get off his shift to go to rugby park instead, i didn't turn up for work and it was the best decision ive made even though i got disciplined for it .

'05 i was gutted cause i got let down for a ticket , so a bunch of us decided to watch it in the Lizzie Lodge with a holy communion next door popping in during the game to see the score with a smirk on their faces , was a sweet ending when the place erupted like ive never seen before and that lot storming out into the car park in a Catholic rage .

Overall '91 is my favorite.

have a few , 87 was superb ,remember thousands of us walking through Aberdeen ,with pringle or lyle scott jumpers and kickers and farah jeans , with the chants of Rangers are back , was proud as feck.

but never had a ticket for the St Mirren must have been about 40000 locked out that day , was gutted ...never again

winning the league at the piggery was special

helicopter sunday ...what a day

special mention for Walters last year in charge , with the arrival of the bigot dont think ive ever wanted a league more , he brought the hate factor into the game and our last 10 games we were on fire and the 5-1 game what a game ..cheers for that year Walter

86/87 will live with me forever. My first Championship. The train journey back was a riot, in a good sense. I had been lucky enough to get a ticket in the ballot at the club. My friends hadn't been so fortunate. Meeting them at the pub when I got back and regaling them with my account of events that wonderful day.

Then the winner takes all game against Aberdeen at Ibrox. Souness had been dispatched by Murray and we wobbled under Walter and it looked like it might get snatched from us. But it came good in the end with a towering performance from Hateley.

When we stopped the mhanks getting 10 in. a row.only thing was i never missed a game that season apart from the 1-1 draw against the Hibs at Easter road.my old man got lifted for hooking a dick head and hD to go to court with him on a saturday.Broke my heart and he only got a fine.colim Colin Colin stein.

When we stopped the mhanks getting 10 in. a row.only thing was i never missed a game that season apart from the 1-1 draw against the Hibs at Easter road.my old man got lifted for hooking a dick head and hD to go to court with him on a saturday.Broke my heart and he only got a fine. Colin Colin Colin Stein !

When we beat Dunfermline on the last day to win the league on goal difference. The wife's old man died a couple of days before, a true bear, and our last ever conversation was him telling me we were going to win it. I sat in his seat that day and thought of him at the final whistle. Oh, and we met all the team down the paisley road west, out celebrating with the fans after the game. Barry, Mo Ross, Stevie Thompson and Stefan klos all steamin.

There are a few candidates.

Easter rd 75 Colin Stein header. Always remember the huge queues outside Queen st for that game! Went for miles!

Pittodrie 87 - big Terry's header and all that

Kilmarnock 2011 - what an opening 6m!

However it's got to be Helicopter Sunday. Was lucky to be at that game. The sudden roar that went up with 2m to go was, and to paraphrase big Eck, " the most spine tingling sensation I've ever felt"

A day that I can still vividly remember from start to finish. Unbelievable!!

86/87 will live with me forever. My first Championship. The train journey back was a riot, in a good sense. I had been lucky enough to get a ticket in the ballot at the club. My friends hadn't been so fortunate. Meeting them at the pub when I got back and regaling them with my account of events that wonderful day.

Then the winner takes all game against Aberdeen at Ibrox. Souness had been dispatched by Murray and we wobbled under Walter and it looked like it might get snatched from us. But it came good in the end with a towering performance from Hateley.

John Brown? playing with a broken ankle i think, durrant coming on at right back, a barely fit mccoist in midfield at the end

To me that showed the limits of that teams endurance to win the title

The treble of 03 was special especially as the yahoos were giving it big about it not mattering as they were certain to win the UEFA cup.

I remember sitting in firewater with my then gf as derlei, deco and co and the soon to be special one lifted the cup :D

Obviously helicopter Sunday eclipses anything in the last 15 years.

9 in a row at tannadice.

75 Easter rd, Colin stein header, 1st league title watching Rangers, massive Gers support.

87 Pittodrie, Big Butcher header, great support you couldn't see the mini bus dashboard for turf.

91 Ibrox, Hateley double, title decider with the sheep brilliant atmosphere.

97 Tannadice, Laudrup header 9 in a row what a night

2005 Easter rd, helicopter sunday, amazing day.

2009 (3-0 at Tannadice)

The fact we were 7 points behind at Christmas made it better. Nearly blew it at Easter Road but the performance at Tannadice was amazing, we didn't win there for about 3 years prior to the game.

Found this video while looking for the Championi song from 1987. This will make your hair stand on end.