Best Left Footed ger of all time?

billythebear1986

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop for me as Baxter was before my time.

On the subject of power, watching some of Davie's free-kicks, I don't think there would be much between him and Albertz.

The big man certainly had a dig on him but the speed that the ball hits the net when Cooper scored that one past Leighton in the League Cup final is every bit as fast as Jorg's screamer against the beggars at Ibrox in the ne'erday match that Erik Bo scored the winner in.

Davie, oh Davie Coo-per, oh Davie Coo-per on the wi-ing!

Davie, Davie, Davie in Royal Blue, we're half crazy over the love of you, we thought you were fu-cking magic when you fucked the glas-gow c*ltic, you looked so sweet with the ball at your feet davie give us a goal or two!

Or Stuart Munro ...

Davie, oh Davie Coo-per, oh Davie Coo-per on the wi-ing!

Davie, Davie, Davie in Royal Blue, we're half crazy over the love of you, we thought you were fu-cking magic when you fucked the glas-gow c*ltic, you looked so sweet with the ball at your feet davie give us a goal or two!

Or Stuart Munro ...

That songs called sandy in royal blue mate.

Think you might be getting a bit confused with all that sun over there.

100% correct! Baxter and Cooper - just superb and clearly number one and two Dave Smith however is far too often forgotten - man of the match in Barcelona in my opinion and just massively underrated for some reason. His timing in the tackle was superb as well. A much better player than he was given credit for at the time 2 caps only - crazy!

Great post and many forget he came back after not one but two leg breaks -- superb footballer

can't argue Baxter, Cooper are the best we have had, we've had a good few lefties, Neil McCann deserves a mention, A Numan aswell, Laudrup was two footed as was Mark Walters, Tommy McClean was just before my time, can't mind if he was a lefty? older bears will keep me right.

I wonder if there is anyone with stats on how many goals and assists these players have had with their left peg. would be interesting I would say McCann would be up there for his assists.

I have to say, reading the list of all the great players we've had over the years it kinda makes me sad to think about the state we're in the now.

I was too young for Cooper or Baxter but watching that Youtube vid, from page 1, makes me appreciate what a player DC was.

was too young to see either Cooper or baxter but do feel Albertz over all game was underated. A lot faster than giving credit for.

Albertz is no way underated, he gets the exact amount of credit he deserves, anyone who watched Albertz and talks of him will tell you he was a fantastic player for us one of the greatest

Of course there is no shame in saying he wasnt as good as Cooper or Baxter as those 2 are among the greatest players to have ever come out of Britain

To say even Albertz is third superb recognition for him, god I loved the big german

I have to say, reading the list of all the great players we've had over the years it kinda makes me sad to think about the state we're in the now.

I was too young for Cooper or Baxter but watching that Youtube vid, from page 1, makes me appreciate what a player DC was.

On his day there were few who could match him,But DC blew hot and cold at times as some older bears might confirm.