Best Left Footed ger of all time?

billythebear1986

i agree in Baxter then Cooper, tho, Dave Smith had a great left peg also (tu)

100% correct! Baxter and Cooper - just superb and clearly number one and two Dave Smith however is far too often forgotten - man of the match in Barcelona in my opinion and just massively underrated for some reason. His timing in the tackle was superb as well. A much better player than he was given credit for at the time 2 caps only - crazy!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching this earlier

amazing.

Brings back some great memories and some sad ones, I always remember when at Coops funeral Ally was asked to say a few words and he told a couple of stories about Davy and wiped the teers off everyones eyes and brought a smile to our faces, a true legend

David Cooper on the wing.

Used to have Davie Cooper VHS in which he was being honoured (can't remember for what, testimonial probably) and Coisty was saying a few words. He said the lads all chipped in to get him a gift, something that he didn't already have...then proceeded to present him with a prosthetic right leg.

But with that left peg, who needed a right?

David Cooper on the wing.

Used to have Davie Cooper VHS in which he was being honoured (can't remember for what, testimonial probably) and Coisty was saying a few words. He said the lads all chipped in to get him a gift, something that he didn't already have...then proceeded to present him with a prosthetic right leg.

But with that left peg, who needed a right?

This one mate

Albertz had a hammer of a left foot, terry butchers left peg "winchester" was awsome at passing to a gers player, but withouth doubt the best free kick I ever saw was Souper Coop against Aberdeen, leighton moved after the ball hit the net at Hampden. Wish someone could use technology to work out how fast that ball travelled.

Coop's football brain was as good as any other player in the world ever IMO, and his left peg was as gifted as any other world player I have had the priviledge to watch.

Its hard to compare players from different eras, Jim Baxter played a bit before my time so I can only comment on who I've seen playing. But David Cooper was the best and such a quite unassuming individual.