Will Winning The Scottish Cup Change Your Mind

Bonus

Super Ally  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Ally to leave ?

• He should walk now
    • I think he should stay but if we fail to win the Scottish Cup he should walk
    • I think he should go now but i'd change my mind if we won the cup
    • If we win the cup he should still go
    • He deserves a go at the championship regardless off the cup

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really - winning the Scottish cup without having to play Pacific Shelf is not exactly fantastic for us. for a team without a 6 million pound budget maybe. but i get you back McCoist because you are taking a long term view. I'm taking a long term view as well - i just dont think McCoist is it.

Really? Where have you been the last 2 years?

Can I ask thoae who want to give him another chance next season, at what point would you change your mind?

Two or three defeats?

Not sitting top by October?

Not sitting top by Christmas?

Those of us who have had enough genuinely want to know how poor the performances need to be, how bad we have to get for you guys to say "ENOUGH"?

Even you diehards must have a breaking point - what is it?

Can I turn that around on you, at what point will you decide you are wrong, when we win every game in October, when we lose a few players in the summer and bring in a few choice players who normally wouldn't want to play in the 2nd tier of any football league but want to be part of something special, like we mostly did last year before it turned sour for some.

Crespie6 - "winning the Scottish cup without having to play Pacific Shelf is not exactly fantastic for us"

That sounds like something that would actually come from one of the Pacific Self support or the mhedia rather than from a Rangers fan.

in what way? you seriously think that with the resources we have we should not be winning at least one cup a year? (the Ramsdens should be a shoe-in.). i'll ignore your accusation

My choice isn't on the list

Winning this Scottish cup won't turn you into a great manager overnight, but it would be a great achievement

I still want a better quality manager but winning the Scottish cup would give him a chance to push on and improve as a manager in folks eyes it depends on how he'd take the opportunity tho

Realistically, in order to win the SC, we will need to beat 2 SPL teams, in the semis and final. If we do that, then this will demonstrate that we are getting there.

If we lose in the quarters or get hammered at Ibrox in the semi against the pish that are left, then Ally needs to go.

As much as I hate watching out current brand of football, I'd like to see if we improve against tougher opposition with Ally still in charge. If however we have a shocker at the start of next season, I would have to be thinking his time is up.

when we where in the spl under ally, our style of play was murder, fast forward a year later and it was bad, real mind numbing bad, same mistakes being made week in week out, no amount of talking fixed the problem, fast forward another year later and nothing has changed, my faith in him is an all time low no amount of cups, finals, league wins is gonna change that fact.

when we where in the spl under ally, our style of play was murder, fast forward a year later and it was bad, real mind numbing bad, same mistakes being made week in week out, no amount of talking fixed the problem, fast forward another year later and nothing has changed, my faith in him is an all time low no amount of cups, finals, league wins is gonna change that fact.

:Crawford:

To be fair, anyone who says 'no' to this can't have much of a mind to change.

Winning one cup doesn't make you a good manager overnight

Winning it would be fantastic but he'd still have a long way to go but it would be a damned good start and buy him more time and rightly so IMO

Winning one cup doesn't make you a good manager overnight

Winning it would be fantastic but he'd still have a long way to go but it would be a damned good start and buy him more time and rightly so IMO

No-one has claimed it would. What it would/should do is start to change peoples minds - especially those who are adamant that he's 'never a manager'.