McCoist: Don't bank on title next year

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if ally is practicing for his next career move. Stand up comedy. He surely cant be serious by saying we need to invest more to win The championship.

Sometimes I think we should give ally a break but butcher, mccall adams Reid mcnamara danny lennon mciness and probably more managers would easily achieve promotion with this squad next season. Easily

correct, he surely isn't saying that.

but i totally agree with him that the squad needs strengthened.

even for thew championship, against the likes of falkirk, alloa, dundee etc, you really think a 6mill a year wage bill squad needs strengthened

if so then why and who's fault is it that we havent built for this already?

“I’d far rather be in a position to strengthen to move forward, not just for next term but longer term. Without strengthening ahead of next season there would be no guarantees."

In order to strengthen, he will need cash. What exactly do you read from that, if it is not needing cash for next term?

Surely 'rather be in a position' suggests he realises he might not be in such a position. Therefore he's not 'telling us he needs cash' rather that in an ideal world he'd prefer to have it. Seems pretty normal to me. Shocking that a manager would want to improve his team if possible. Shocking. It's the kind of pressure a manager should put on a CEO. Meanwhile the CEO puts the opposite pressure on him and a happy equilibrium is achieved by the two working together. Happens all the time. It's no drama.

It depends whether you read his words, or imagine/ extrapolate them into some other statement.

I prefer the former :pipe:

Whatever you say.

Strengthening a squad means spending money. If he had said that he will release/sell players in order to get better players from the same outgoings, then fair do's but he didn't.

On top of that, he should be looking at reducing the costs from wages etc.

I'll agree to disagree on that. Honduras are in the World Cup it doesn't mean they have a chance of winning it.

Don't think many will disagree that unless there's a massive improvement in Ally's tactics and style of play that we'd be lucky to avoid a battering from Aberdeen or Dundee Utd should we play either of them in the cup.

I've defended Ally from day one but growing increasingly tired of the poor football on display, the poor signings he makes and especially this thing he has for speaking to the media about what we'll need for next season or the season after. This season is still very much active so I'd prefer for him to focus on that and then he can talk all the shite he wants about the future in the close season.

honduras do have a chance of winning it, it is a slim chance but as long as they are in it, they have a CHANCE of winning it.

There is nothing to agree or disagree on, it is a FACT that as long as you are in a cup, you have a chance of winning it.

Greece won a fucking world cup and were 150-1 to do it.

even for thew championship, against the likes of falkirk, alloa, dundee etc, you really think a 6mill a year wage bill squad needs strengthened

The defence quite clearly needs strengthened. As Ally said in that article not just for next term but for the longer term as well.

he is allowed to fucking speak for christ sake.

he was probably asked his opinion on how next season would go.

It's like the man cant open his mouth without him being lambasted by some, misquoted by most, and generally slagged for everything he does.

of course he can speak, but why not simply keep to current events, even you must admit that ally has said more than he should have this season, maybe he should just let clipboard kenny do the interviews as allys interviews are clearly being misused against him

honduras do have a chance of winning it, it is a slim chance but as long as they are in it, they have a CHANCE of winning it.

There is nothing to agree or disagree on, it is a FACT that as long as you are in a cup, you have a chance of winning it.

European championships actually ;)

Whatever you say.

Strengthening a squad means spending money. If he had said that he will release/sell players in order to get better players from the same outgoings, then fair do's but he didn't.

Well done.

Repeat an argument that has already been trashed, clever stuff brains :)

what is it you are failing to grasp, if he gets rid of some players and replaces them, he will have strengthened without spending more money.

I am not saying that the wage bill should be increased ffs, I am saying he needs to strengthen the team

Do you agree that both Faure and Foster are no good? if so then we NEED a new RB.

do you agree that cribarri and jig are no good in defence for net season? if yes then we NEED a new CB

See what I am getting at?

Whatever you say.

He didn't say he wouldn't either. Did you notice that? Why does he have to spell everything out in full detail whenever he has a pishy press conference? He probably doesn't because he doesn't realise the fans are going to start having kittens at his every word. Maybe he thinks it's not the right time to suggest to players that they might have to leave, important games coming up and all.

Hate to correct you but Greece won the Euros not the World Cup. Your point still stands though.

He didn't say he wouldn't either. Did you notice that? Why does he have to spell everything out in full detail whenever he has a pishy press conference? He probably doesn't because he doesn't realise the fans are going to start having kittens at his every word. Maybe he thinks it's not the right time to suggest to players that they might have to leave, important games coming up and all.

What he could do is not mention anything on money matters to the press. He could discuss the current fixtures/results and he could discuss the current players - not being drawn into hypothetical pish for next or any future season.