McCoist: Don't bank on title next year

We are UNDEFEATED in 90 mins play this season. We are on the verge of something really special, lifting the SC would bring tears to my eyes. There seems to me a connection with Ally haters and board lovers. Who gives a fk about this league that is already won. The players will be right up for the cup. Remember who was in charge when the tims came to Ibrox to win the league. i am forever gratefeul to our manager for not allowing this.to happen. I was very critical of SUPER as a player when he partnered big Sandy Clarke, he took plenty of stick from the fans but with his strength of charachter and an eye for goal went on to be one of our all time greats. I am right behind Ally, His siignings have came in for critisisim and rightly so but am sure the likes of Peralta and the other duds where not Allys fault.. Give ALLY some slack we aint playing well but getting results if that continues to end of season I'll be delighted.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ally not say judge me after the 1st September, I have built a team to challenge the premier league, now wether or not he should or should not be saying what he did in the article is it going to be the same every year judge me on This and that. He got players in he said would be good enough to challenge the top league but now they ain't good enough to challenge the league below

have not read the article but for what its worth,ally gets my full support but do fear for his job if he doesnt get us promoted next season by either winning the league or getting up by a play off.

some good signings if possible in the summer and get rid of some dross i do think we can win the league next season :pipe:

Half the players he want shot of are what he brought in. If he brings in a few say 3 players I think thats justified as everyone likes to improve but even if we go with what we have we should still coast it against Hamilton and alloa etc. They can only dream of a dean shiels or david templeton.

In either scenario if he cant get us winning the championship he should be given his jotters

I looked at the line up yesterday and thought that team would comfortably finish second in the top flight, with a manager with a bit of tactical nous. If Ally thinks they would struggle in the Championship then its about time pressure was put on his position. Looks like he is, yet again, trying to force the board into giving him more money to spunk away on mind boggling signings

Here's a wee song for Ally based on the old "Sandy in Royal Blue" song.

Will we all be singing it to our manager in 18 months time ? :pipe:

Ally, Ally,

Ally the loyal blue.

We go crazy,over our love of you.

The tims will go apoplectic, when you f*ck their glasgow celtic

It'll be oh so sweet, when they get beat

And it'll be mostly thanks to you.

:power_of_anguish:

Can change the first few lines if necessary. ;)

How does "Jose, Jose, Jose the loyal blue" sound ?

I looked at the line up yesterday and thought that team would comfortably finish second in the top flight, with a manager with a bit of tactical nous. If Ally thinks they would struggle in the Championship then its about time pressure was put on his position. Looks like he is, yet again, trying to force the board into giving him more money to spunk away on mind boggling signings

so mccoist has built a team in your opinion that is good enough to finish 2nd from all free transfers. But in the same breath you are saying he shouldn't be allowed to bring anyone else in because is signings are mind boggling.

Yes, we saw him a few times at the start on the season, gasparotto at the end of last, both impressed and were subsequently dropped

well if he was giving a run in the team I guarantee you won't be feeling the same.

Young players should be giving a honeymoon period but we as a support seem to not do this but instead built them up after 1 game or even in the case of some of the u20s before they have even seen them play which just sets them up for an almighty fall.

Can't speak for gasporatto as not seen him play but mcausland shouldnt be near our team although I hope I am wrong

21 pages of posters saying we should not strengthen the squad, it's not right, it not football, their is a very weird mindset appearing on these pages.

I believe we should strengthen and 100% need to strengthen for spl to the tune of 10 players or more with the vast majority here already leaving

I believe we should strengthen and 100% need to strengthen for spl to the tune of 10 players or more with the vast majority here already leaving

I would be very surprised if we had any problems winning the Championship next season, with or without additions to the squad, no I think Ally has his eye on the return to the premier league, for that we do need to strengthen and I think next season will give us conclusive proof of where we need it.

21 pages of posters saying we should not strengthen the squad, it's not right, it's not football, their is a very weird mindset appearing on these pages.

I think we need to improve, I'm just not sure this Summer is the time to do it when money is scarce and we are going to need to bring in a higher quality of player than we can attract this Summer the following Summer.