McCoist: Don't bank on title next year

You don't think that could be 'some' of the players? Especially the ones signed in a rush job 18months ago? He is hardly talking about buying a whole new squad, just strengthening it.

Do you really think it is that bad an aspiration for a manager to have?

Considering whats been going on at Rangers for the last few years yes.

How the fuck can he expect to spend anymore when we have to get a 1.5million loan just to see us through the season?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck can he expect to spend anymore when we have to get a 1.5million loan just to see us through the season?

He doesn't expect that nor did he say it. He said he would like to be in a position to strengthen.

He said he would like to be in a position to strengthen his squad not just for the next campaign but beyond that.

What he's saying is 'I’d far rather be in a position to strengthen to move forward, not just for next term but longer term'. The reason I know that's what he's saying is because that's what he said.

But surely his job is to get us back in the SPFL? (It's Scottish football after all) I thought he was building a team to do exactly that, I'm sure that when the time comes he'll be allowed to strengthen but to say there's no guarantee is disappointing, If he wants to keep his job then he should be guaranteeing promotion to the SPFL, we as Bears should be demanding nothing less, after all the shit and loyalty to the club it's the very least we deserve, Ally can't just buy us back he needs to show he's got the skill to get us back.

You don't think that could be 'some' of the players? Especially the ones signed in a rush job 18months ago? He is hardly talking about buying a whole new squad, just strengthening it.

Do you really think it is that bad an aspiration for a manager to have?

He will be allowed to strengthen, but it won't be players of the calibre of Messi, if he can't see a player who is there for the long term and take us forward then his judgement must be questioned

But surely his job is to get us back in the SPFL? (It's Scottish football after all) I thought he was building a team to do exactly that, I'm sure that when the time comes he'll be allowed to strengthen but to say there's no guarantee is disappointing, If he wants to keep his job then he should be guaranteeing promotion to the SPFL, we as Bears should be demanding nothing less, after all the shit and loyalty to the club it's the very least we deserve, Ally can't just buy us back he needs to show he's got the skill to get us back.

That's exactly what he's doing, with a few cup runs thrown in. To say there are no guarantees is accurate, nothing is guaranteed - I suspect he is just showing respect to the opposition.

That's exactly what he's doing, with a few cup runs thrown in. To say there are no guarantees is accurate, nothing is guaranteed - I suspect he is just showing respect to the opposition.

Yes, the one thing Ally definitely does is show respect..... He's a good Bear after all and no one can teach him anything on that subject.

Despite what Ally means/said/hasn't said, he needs to stop peddling to the media. Comments that can be taken out of context like these, just make us a laughing stock.

It could be taken as that he is pandering to Dave King with such comments, by the board, and thats not a clever thing for him to be doing

Same way they seem to feel about our league games, not arsed.

Some of them should be Benched then not publicly criticized by the Manager who signed them.

Extra Training sessions and a private bollocking in the Dressing Room.

But my style would be a wee trip to Gullane Sands.That might just do the trick.

Despite what Ally means/said/hasn't said, he needs to stop peddling to the media. Comments that can be taken out of context like these, just make us a laughing stock.

It could be taken as that he is pandering to Dave King with such comments, by the board, and thats not a clever thing for him to be doing

You are correct mate.

More action and less talking to our Haters.

Many of ally's strongest defenders on here accept many if our players are going through the motions yet defend the fact he hasn't made more changes....young players bring energy and effort if nothing else and that can run off on others. Also there is a chance a gasparato or a telfer could grab their chance and kick on and there's 5k in wages we save not having to bring someone in for that position! Ally is all about the short term and hasn't grasped the fact that throwing money at our squad is how we got into this mess in the first place!

Mate players like gasparotto and McAusland have came.into the team, impressed but been dropped as soon as Super Allys favourites have became available

I suspect he is contractually bound to deal with the mass media.

So he has to do these press conferences in which the journos try and trick him into saying something he doesn't mean, because that is likely to give them a headline.

And having spent however long spouting shitty platitudes to bastards who will stab him in the back without blinking, I suspect he's delighted to survive without fucking up.

Then surprised that the keyboard geniuses over analyse every platitude and misinterpret it to support their particular obsession.

It's a huge mistake to assume he really means a thing he says, not that he's lying, just that he is trying to say nothing. In my opinion.

You want a manager who doesn't want to strengthen the squad? Note he didn't ask for money or anything like that, just that he hoped to be in a position to strengthen the squad. Given that the full business review is taking place, why wouldn't he hope for that outcome? He isn't demanding it or threatening to leave if he doesn't get it, jeez some of you are awfully precious.

He will be allowed to strengthen, but it won't be players of the calibre of Messi, if he can't see a player who is there for the long term and take us forward then his judgement must be questioned

So you should be fine with this then, good we're on the same page.

When any manager anywhere asks their board or the chef exec. to target a player than I'm sure they are confident that costs will be kept to a minimum.

Do you really believe Ally has no influence of wages or transfer costs, or indicate players that are worth pushing the boat out for?

To say he has no input is naive.

He came out and said as much. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.....?

There's absolutely no way he doesn't have dialogue on player ability, importance to the team etc.

And I don't believe a high proportion if what comes out of most managers mouths. You are naive of you do.

Fuxakes. Ever heard of paragraphs?

Sorry. When I use a computer with Windows 8 on this RM site the computer does not respond to the 'return' button in these dialogue boxes so the text ends up in a single block. This is the only site this problem seems to appear on and its fine if I use a computer that operates on something less that Windows 8. I'll just need to learn to wait until I get hold of a non-Windows 8 computer.