favourite goal against them - and why

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=bert%20konterman%20goal%20against%20celtic&sm=1

The konterman goal coz celtic cheered when he came on. He soon shut them up

Big mate couldn't stand big Bert gave him pelters all the time, moaned like fuck when he came on that night. His face when big Bert scored was a picture none of us could celebrate for laughing at him.

The Albertz free kick in the 3-3 game, but for sheer emotion the Laudrup1-0 game in 1997, the tension had been building up to that game, I felt so nervous leading up to it and when he lobbed the keeper and Durrant bundled it over to make sure, that was the game that put one hand on the trophy to nine in a row,

They were finished and they new it.

But you have mendes, Wilkins, Thern, Cooper, Forsyth( That 10 inch screamer,) the list could go on and on,

Any goal against that mob Wheather a screamer or a penalty is a great goal in my books.

Gazza's diving header sticks in the mind.

"Gascoigne might punish them now"

Had £20 on 2-0 at 14/1, They just hit the bar from a corner and we broke away, I remember him running to the main stand, he was shouting up to Ross Kemp "We're going out tonight".

Ibrox went absolutely crazy when his header went in.

Big mate couldn't stand big Bert gave him pelters all the time, moaned like fuck when he came on that night. His face when big Bert scored was a picture none of us could celebrate for laughing at him.

Same. I can remember hearing that he was about to come on and most of the rangers support was saying fuck sake here comes bombscare and then the celtic fans started cheering for him. Not only was it a great goal but the other stuff makes it a memorable goal

At the start of this topic I had a clear picture of the goal I would pick, as I worked my way down I realised we have some history, there are some right stoaters from Gazza, God, Aluko and the man himself McCoist, so I am just going to claim all of them.

In no particular order

Kai Johansen in the cup final -- only a kid at the time but me and my dad had a wee celebration

Tom Forsyth --- another Scottish cup final --- great game and great to see big Tam winning us the trophy with his 4inch screamer.

Derek Johnstone -- League Cup final -- stood behind Evan Williams goal -- went mentak when the ball hit the back of the net

Orjan Persson at Ibrox in 1-0 victory. First defeat for the Lisbon Loons in September 1967. No links but to quote as it was reported at the time ' In a run of some 30 yards, he beat Gemmell, Murdoch, Clark and Gemmell again and from18 yards and a very tight angle, hit an unstoppable shot past Ronnie Simpson'

Maurice edu's last minute winner.

The whole week we had the mhedia and monkey hied telling us we were a poor side and that jobby Keane was going to tear us apart.

Boogie had him in his pocket all game, Boom stadium went wild.

What a day that was, I never got home until Monday tea time to a very pissed off wife :lol: