Scottish League Division C

allgers

Bit before my time but it seems we had a Rangers A team in the Scottish C division winning it 52, 53 and 54 and runners up 50 and 55, this was effectively the 3rd division and it ran from 1946 to 1955. I think this was the colts team, I wonder how many of the teams down here would welcome the return of a Rangers colts team, I know the ruling body was opposed to it but the clubs in the 4th and 3rd tiers opinions might have changed.

The thing is, we were there to support Rangers. We would not turn up in such numbers to support the reserves, particularly at grounds such as Peterhead. A nice idea but regretably a non-starter.

Rangers, my team not my project.

I'm sure I remember going to a Rangers reserve game at Ibrox that had over 20k at it, up among the biggest crowds in the UK that day.

I'm sure I remember going to a Rangers reserve game at Ibrox that had over 20k at it, up among the biggest crowds in the UK that day.

aye i think that was when Ian Durant came back from injury,iirc.

Bit off topic and hazy in the memory, but can anyone remember when Rangers played a Rangers A team against a Rangers B team?

Think it was during the Gazza time and seem to remember there was a decent crowd and that the so called B team won. Sure it was a pre season, maybe the season Gazza joined?

Happy to be corrected on any points..

Bit off topic and hazy in the memory, but can anyone remember when Rangers played a Rangers A team against a Rangers B team?

Think it was during the Gazza time and seem to remember there was a decent crowd and that the so called B team won. Sure it was a pre season, maybe the season Gazza joined?

pretty sure was in 95 something like 4-2 to the supposed b team though sure gazza was playing for the 'b' team lol and laudrup for 'a' team. fuckin hell some players we had back then.

1997. Just after winning 9IAR. Pre-season we had white v blue. Two complete sides of internationalists. That day they called each player out one by one, then the last man out the tunnel to a big build up was the new Rangers captain for 1997-98 season.....BRIAN LAUDRUP! That was to help appease things as we thought he was for the offski. We did have to bring Big Goughie back in October as we needed a leader. Laudrup signed pre contract Jan98 with Chelsea and Gazza was offloaded in March 98 to Boro.

aye i think that was when Ian Durant came back from injury,iirc.

Had completely forgotten about that, but yeah I was at the match. A decent number of Bears would go to see Colts matches, I think.

Had completely forgotten about that, but yeah I was at the match. A decent number of Bears would go to see Colts matches, I think.

I think the colts thing was discussed by Charles Green as part of his 18 team leagues, I think they also discussed breaking the leagues down into an east and west league making the places for the colts inclusion into the league.

I was not disputing the fact that Bears would turn out at Ibrox on a special occasion such as Durrant's return. What I was saying is that they would not travel to places like Peterhead so no financial advantage to the other teams. That is why I hink it would be a non-starter although I would love to see it to give our youngsters a proper chance to play competitive matches.

I was not disputing the fact that Bears would turn out at Ibrox on a special occasion such as Durrant's return. What I was saying is that they would not travel to places like Peterhead so no financial advantage to the other teams. That is why I hink it would be a non-starter although I would love to see it to give our youngsters a proper chance to play competitive matches.

they wouldn't be able to turn up in such numbers mate, these teams have grounds that hold a couple of thousand, but you are right it would bring on our young guys no end.

I think a decent number of local Bears would turn out.