Dave King Statement

Broxi1872

I think its a good statement actually, reads to me that King is satisfied with what the board have said and although they are,not agreeing to his ST plans (as if they were ever going to) he says what we all say, lets see what the 120day review comes up with. A much more conciliatory message from King today and lets see if the UOF and SOS do as he asks and let the board finish the crucial review

It'll show some people up if they still can't give Wallace his 120 days when even King is saying to

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's a shock....you'd have to be incredibly stupid to agree to that.

While I agree, King makes a perfectly valid point that fans are advancing a sizeable loan for no security. Normally this would never be an issue but ultimately where we are, it is.

The board can't really defend their position on this and will just have to take the flack from fans that the only security they can give is their promise of of fulfilment.

More bluster - but interested where this is published due to this:

"the former director - who lost a £20million investment when the club was liquidated in 2012"

Are we getting so used to this cr@p that we just glaze over it now?

No but if we got perma offended every time some nomark journo said that we would be doing nothing but raging all day long. We know the truth and anybody who matters knows the truth the rest can go :moon:

While I agree, King makes a perfectly valid point that fans are advancing a sizeable loan for no security. Normally this would never be an issue but ultimately where we are, it is.

The board can't really defend their position on this and will just have to take the flack from fans that the only security they can give is their promise of of fulfilment.

Well as king concedes the board have made public promises on things like Murray park and Ibrox and they would be risking serious legal action to go against that.....no club or company of any kind would ever agree to a fund like this.

The thing that annoys me about this is how things have been blown out of proportion! From day 1 the majority agreed to give Wallace 120 days before forming an opinion and now King is effectively saying the same thing! Had he just dealt directly with the board in private from the get go we could have avoided the mess of the last few weeks!

What now for SofS and their supporters?

When will people understand this.

Purchasing season tickets is NOT A LOAN.

It is a purchase. You buy the season in advance, you get a discount versus individual tickets.

It is a straight forward purchase - no loan, no repayment, no terms. You buy, you get in the door. End of story.

This loan myth is being peddled by people to muddy the waters further - could not be more wrong if they tried.

Not really fans have bought ST for matches with no "security" for decades why suddenly do we need "security"? If shyte and Murray didn't have to put "security" up for STs why do this board have too?

Well as king concedes the board have made public promises on things like Murray park and Ibrox and they would be risking serious legal action to go against that.....no club or company of any kind would ever agree to a fund like this.

The thing that annoys me about this is how things have been blown out of proportion! From day 1 the majority agreed to give Wallace 120 days before forming an opinion and now King is effectively saying the same thing! Had he just dealt directly with the board in private from the get go we could have avoided the mess of the last few weeks!

What now for SofS and their supporters?

Spot on.. (tu)

This 120 days is getting bigger and bigger everyday, what do people think is going to happen on day 121 or god forbid anything untoward was to happen to Mr Wallace on day 119, IMO good statement for peace until this review reaches conclusion, don't think anyone can say much more other than good sense all round, is the end in sight I hope so :thumbup:

Pedantic loyal.

It is not a loan, so the board should be happy if we all just pay the gate then?

The fans purchase in advance in the understanding the club will honour that purchase with games. If Laxey are concerned enough to require heavy security as well as a hefty fee, fans should also look for some security which was Dave's point I guess.

All we have for giving the board 10 times Laxey is promises from a board no-one is ready to trust

Given past events, im happy that some common ground has been found. Concilliatory noises now from board and DK.

Request from him to now give the board the time they have asked for as on the whole they have given him the assurances he was looking for. Hope the DK supporters do as he asks.

Board also stood strong on the ST issue which is the right thing for the club.

A good day. Now onto the fitba to make it a great night.

Pedantic loyal.

It is not a loan, so the board should be happy if we all just pay the gate then?

The fans purchase in advance in the understanding the club will honour that purchase with games. If Laxey are concerned enough to require heavy security as well as a hefty fee, fans should also look for some security which was Dave's point I guess.

All we have for giving the board 10 times Laxey is promises from a board no-one is ready to trust

For fuck's sake

Pedantic loyal.

Well should people who buy a monthly rail ticket or a season rail card demand security??

Unreal!!!!!!!

Sorry just realised from your location that you do not live in the real world so I guess that explains your strange reasoning.

Pedantic loyal.

That is probably the most outside the box view of buying a ST I've ever heard. But each to their own and all that.

If that's how you feel then just pay game by game, oh that's right that won't let you hold a gun to the clubs head will it.

Alright. Can we just focus on the football for now then? We need to progress into the semi finals tonight and we need to win the Ramsden's cup.

Let the board do their job for now and once the business review comes out then we can go back all this carry on.

Oh wait, that's too much to ask.