Lewis Macleod-Health Update

Robespierre

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awful for the young man, one of the only shining lights of the last few years of shit and he has this hammer blow, lets hope its been sensationalised and it turns out no more than a blip on which simply stalls a glittering Gers career.

If it is viral pericarditis then the prognosis should be good. My father had it 15 years ago, hes now 85 with the blood pressure of a 40 year old. It may interrupt his career for a few more months but with the right rehabilitation he should grace the jersey for many years to come.

I just hope you got your kicks. I have never seen a more irresponsible post In my life. Hopefully there's something uncomfortable and scratchy floating about that is attracted to you . You fucking deserve it

He was posting the what he read in the paper wind yer neck in fuck sake

KYLE HUTTON insists the Rangers family will put an arm around heart scare star Lewis Macleod as the Ibrox side chase a domestic treble.

Macleod has been left stunned by the news an allergic reaction to a virus has affected his heart muscles.

It’s a huge blow for the teenage playmaker as Gers gear up for the Ramsdens Cup Final with Raith and a Scottish Cup semi with Dundee United.

He will undergo further tests and team-mate Hutton said: “We are all there for Lewis and wish him all the best. He has been in the club every day mixing with the boys but it’s a shock to hear he is suffering.

“It’s down to us to make sure he feels involved in the cup ties coming up. I’m sure he’ll pull through.”

Rangers boss Ally McCoist is also hoping the youngster soon gets back to full health.

He added: “I’m not medically minded but the best way to describe Lewis’ condition is that he has taken an uncommon reaction to a virus.

“The reaction has affected some of the internal muscles around his heart. It’s nothing more sinister than that.

“He is getting the best care and attention you can get and this is clearly something you don’t take risks on.

“We’re quite happy with the doctor’s assessment but won’t settle until he has the all-clear.”

KYLE HUTTON insists the Rangers family will put an arm around heart scare star Lewis Macleod as the Ibrox side chase a domestic treble.

Macleod has been left stunned by the news an allergic reaction to a virus has affected his heart muscles.

It’s a huge blow for the teenage playmaker as Gers gear up for the Ramsdens Cup Final with Raith and a Scottish Cup semi with Dundee United.

He will undergo further tests and team-mate Hutton said: “We are all there for Lewis and wish him all the best. He has been in the club every day mixing with the boys but it’s a shock to hear he is suffering.

“It’s down to us to make sure he feels involved in the cup ties coming up. I’m sure he’ll pull through.”

Rangers boss Ally McCoist is also hoping the youngster soon gets back to full health.

He added: “I’m not medically minded but the best way to describe Lewis’ condition is that he has taken an uncommon reaction to a virus.

“The reaction has affected some of the internal muscles around his heart. It’s nothing more sinister than that.

“He is getting the best care and attention you can get and this is clearly something you don’t take risks on.

“We’re quite happy with the doctor’s assessment but won’t settle until he has the all-clear.”

Good to hear that it's not as serious as we once feared

If it is viral pericarditis then the prognosis should be good. My father had it 15 years ago, hes now 85 with the blood pressure of a 40 year old. It may interrupt his career for a few more months but with the right rehabilitation he should grace the jersey for many years to come.

I hope so mate. Glad to hear your dad recovered well. (tu)

could someone cut and paste it please im not giving the rheble a hit.

ALLOA’S James Creaney has come out in support of Rangers kid Lewis Macleod – and revealed he has been playing with a hole in his heart.

Creaney had kept his heart condition a secret from his manager and team-mates and instead told them he had an ankle injury.

The Wasps defender, 25, had surgery two weeks ago and has offered support to the stricken Ibrox teenager, who is battling back from a virus that has affected his heart muscles.

Creaney’s sure Macleod will fight back and said: “I couldn’t believe it when I heard Lewis has a heart problem as I’ve had to endure something similar.

“I’d like to pass my message of support to Lewis and tell him you can come back stronger from illness. He’s at Rangers and will be getting the best advice and medical attention. I read he’s being treated in London so he’ll be seen by the best people.

“I was lucky to get terrific treatment in hospital as there are only three people in Britain who are able to do the operation I had.

“Your life is in their hands and when you have the best treatment available it provides confidence everything will be OK.

“I’ve got my fingers crossed for him that everything will be OK and he’ll be back playing soon.

“He’s a fantastic player who I admire. He has the potential to have a terrific career and I’m sure he will go on to prove that.”

ALLOA’S James Creaney has come out in support of Rangers kid Lewis Macleod – and revealed he has been playing with a hole in his heart.

Creaney had kept his heart condition a secret from his manager and team-mates and instead told them he had an ankle injury.

The Wasps defender, 25, had surgery two weeks ago and has offered support to the stricken Ibrox teenager, who is battling back from a virus that has affected his heart muscles.

Creaney’s sure Macleod will fight back and said: “I couldn’t believe it when I heard Lewis has a heart problem as I’ve had to endure something similar.

“I’d like to pass my message of support to Lewis and tell him you can come back stronger from illness. He’s at Rangers and will be getting the best advice and medical attention. I read he’s being treated in London so he’ll be seen by the best people.

“I was lucky to get terrific treatment in hospital as there are only three people in Britain who are able to do the operation I had.

“Your life is in their hands and when you have the best treatment available it provides confidence everything will be OK.

“I’ve got my fingers crossed for him that everything will be OK and he’ll be back playing soon.

“He’s a fantastic player who I admire. He has the potential to have a terrific career and I’m sure he will go on to prove that.”

Cheers mate (tu) lovely words of support there by James Creaney and best wishes to him in his career.

• 1 month later...