Alex MacDonald

Oh dear, you cant even remember the other goalscorer, tut tut, haha

I know, it's pathetic, I've had the memory of an 90 year old all my life. Trying to study law with a poor memory nearly killed me. But then again I can remember really stupid insignificant things. Quite annoying really. I find it amazing how some people can roll off scores of games that were played decades ago.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember he came to our player of the year dance in Kilmarnock in the70s

when the band had their half time break wee alex went on the drums and started off the billy boys

everybody joined in making it a night to remember

wee doddie a true Ranger

A right good bear who totally appreciated the priviledge of playing for Rangers and gave absolutely everything for the jersey!

Also, vastly underrated by many non-Rangers people who thought he was merely a hard-working player. How wrong they were. He had excellent vision, talent, football brain, and a wonderful energy level.

Also hated that other lot which is another admirable quality.

When he took to the field, you just new he wasn't just playing for the jersey, he was playing for YOU. He was ALL OF US out on the park, especially against the mhanks.

A TRUE BEAR (tu)

How you doin Alex?

Remember his goal against the scum at Hampden, diving header in the League Cup Final right at the Rangers End, this put us on the road to big Jock Wallace's first Treble, it was the winner we won 1-0.

These charlatans who are representing our club at the minute couldn't lace his boots, win,lose or draw he gave his all, like others who were part of that team.

Remember meeting him at Petershill Park taking in a junior's game, a true gent.

:nosfa::brokensfa:

In the eighties, as an ex player, he came to our supporters clubs Player of the Year Dance. I was star struck and was staring at him from about twenty feet away. I thought I was being discreet but he made eye contact and waved at me. I was mortified. Cool story........

A true Rangers man from the last period before the big wages kicked in. McCloy, Jardine, Miller, Forsyth, Greig, Jackson,Mclean, Russel, Johnstone, Smith, Cooper etc. Didn't make a killing out of the club, and i'm happy anytime they get something back for what they gave.

A right good bear who totally appreciated the priviledge of playing for Rangers and gave absolutely everything for the jersey!

Also, vastly underrated by many non-Rangers people who thought he was merely a hard-working player. How wrong they were. He had excellent vision, talent, football brain, and a wonderful energy level.

Also hated that other lot which is another admirable quality.

When he took to the field, you just new he wasn't just playing for the jersey, he was playing for YOU. He was ALL OF US out on the park, especially against the mhanks.

A TRUE BEAR (tu)

Well before my time going to games , Never saw him play , just seen the odd highlight clip , what recent Rangers player would you compare him to , sort of stuart McCall type ?