How do we get shot of McCoist?

Tontospal

Reading the interview with McCoist has only made me angrier and more disillusioned at the whole situation. He has to go. No ifs, buts or maybes. He is not the man to take our club forward. His cup record is indefensible and there are no signs of the team or players progressing.

The Raith match was a watershed moment for McCoist when the majority of the support turned against him. Saturday was another poor day although some incredibly found it more acceptable because the players at least tried this week. A sad day when some applaud a Rangers team for trying. That should always be a given.

The big question for the support is how to make it happen. There is enough support for him to go amongst the rank and file for it at least to be recognised and considered by the club.

I don't want to see undignified protests or McCoist abused but there are too many fans wanting him out for it to be ignored any longer.

Where are all these unelected fans with their media statements about on field matters or are these individuals only interested in boardroom matters?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is to go, he'll have to resign, we can't afford to pay him off. I think he'll resign at the end of the season.

If only Robespierre.

The man is deluded as his interview today shows. That is why it is time for the support to force the issue. McCoist would be no better than Naismith or Whittaker etc if he demanded a pay off. Let him sell his shares and that can provide his payoff.

Alot of confusion over Allys rolling deal i always thought it meant it went from one summer ti the next when both party's sat down agreed if they wanted to renew it then signed and there's another year. If that was the case its simple Wallace just tells Ally we are not renewing your deal. However i saw something yesterday about Allys always got a year on his deal no matter what time of year it is. I don't understand that or why we would agree to that as it gives Ally all the benefits and us all the problems of being liable for a years pay off no matter when we decide to sack/not renew his deal.

does that mean it rolls to the end of the current season or does it mean it rolls to the end of the following season?

I hope it's the former.

Someone said his contract today will be from 14/4/14 to 14/4/15 tomorrow it will be 15/4/14 it 15/4/15 and so on

It shouldn't be up to us. Somers and Wallace need to take him upstairs right now and say "look, one way or another you will not be managing this club next season. We can come to a sensible arrangement now and you can walk at the end of the season with your reputation in tact and maybe a nice role at the club. Or this can get ugly and you can risk tarnishing your reputation forever and walking away from this club for good. What's it to be?"

So my understanding of a rolling contract (after a bit of googling) is that the contract runs for a year then it gets renewed for another year if all parties are in agreement. So any idea what date is renewal time?

That's my first guess too and id assume it goes season to season so renewal time should be approaching fast.

Easy. Buy the club and sack him. Pity DK won't put his hand in his pocket! Maybe Rangers First will pay his "pay off". After all, they keep going on about the good of the club. Let's see if they put their money where their collective mouths are, but don't hold your breath.

Rangers, my team not my project.

It shouldn't be up to us. Somers and Wallace need to take him upstairs right now and say "look, one way or another you will not be managing this club next season. We can come to a sensible arrangement now and you can walk at the end of the season with your reputation in tact and maybe a nice role at the club. Or this can get ugly and you can risk tarnishing your reputation forever and walking away from this club for good. What's it to be?"

Somers won't know who McCoist is