David Murray Rumour...

Dietspam

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Murray cared only about himself, and helped destroy what greater men in our history helped build. Yes we did all enjoy nine and in a row, but now when you see the cost of it, i would give it all back if it meant that we would not have entered Administration.

I would rather Green and Whyte teamed up for another go at us than Murray came back.

Can only guess at the agendas of those who'd do anything other than slowly rip him apart. (Edit to add 'metaphorically' - violence solves almost nothing).

David Murray cared only about himself, and helped destroy what greater men in our history helped build. Yes we did all enjoy nine and in a row, but now when you see the cost of it, i would give it all back if it meant that we would not have entered Administration.

Nine in a row wasn't a problem financially. It was his indulgence of Advocaat which built up the massive debt, but TV money and the banking crisis squeezed us for that debt. The EBT strategy backfired in a way that few would have expected or even imagined, given the evidence.

Anyone who wants him back must be fucking insane and/or a bheast in disguise.

He should NOT be in control of OUR club again. It's because of him we're in this fucking mess. We racked up all the debt under him and he sold us to that wee beedy eyed fuck of a shyte.

By all means invest, buy some shares but he should never be allowed any control or onto the board in any way at all.

I'd rather we struggle for years, broken, limping our way back up to the stop than have him or dave king back in control.

Unfortunately Murray's legacy will forever be tarnished after selling the club to Whyte.

I'll probably get pelters for this but had he not sold the club to Whyte and a decent person had come in, I think a majority of supporters would have looked back on Murray's time in charge as a success.

Of course he was not duped!

Anyone including posters on here could quickly find out about Whyte and his history of asset stripping,running up debts before dissolving companies,not paying tax by just searching google archive news and sites like company credit check.

Any business man in Scotland would have known about him in more detail especially any businessman who spent time in the south of France.

Yeah, just like if something went wrong with the Easdales we could turn round and say well, with their past - saw it coming. But wait a minute, where are the Easdales? Exactly, at Rangers. How long was Whyte in the running for taking over us before he actually did? I remember it being a substantial amount of time, yet I didn't see any Rangers supporters coming out saying this guy cannot be trusted, look at his past history etc. I wonder why?

As you say, all that information is dead easy to get hold of, are you saying no Rangers fans gave a shit about Whytes background enough to find out about him before he took over Rangers? The only other thing I can think of is the information regarding Whyte only became easy to get hold of after the countless investigations into him when he had already taken over our club. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

The very fact that the Rangers fans allowed the Whyte takeover eliminates SOME of the blame directed at DM simply because many many fans were actually happy to see Whyte take over, and (as you say) were able to get information on Whyte very easily.

Yeah, just like if something went wrong with the Easdales we could turn round and say well, with their past - saw it coming. But wait a minute, where are the Easdales? Exactly, at Rangers. How long was Whyte in the running for taking over us before he actually did? I remember it being a substantial amount of time, yet I didn't see any Rangers supporters coming out saying this guy cannot be trusted, look at his past history etc. I wonder why?

As you say, all that information is dead easy to get hold of, are you saying no Rangers fans gave a shit about Whytes background enough to find out about him before he took over Rangers? The only other thing I can think of is the information regarding Whyte only became easy to get hold of after the countless investigations into him when he had already taken over our club. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

The very fact that the Rangers fans allowed the Whyte takeover eliminates SOME of the blame directed at DM simply because many many fans were actually happy to see Whyte take over, and (as you say) were able to get information on Whyte very easily.

There were posters on here who were derided for trying to bring the history of Whyte to light, there was enough information in the press also but like the present time many people are wishing that a possible sugar daddy even with a history of tax evasion and deliberate lack of transparency will take over the reins of the club all fears and suggestions were happily ignored by fans,Murray and his advisors (until later with hindsight)

None of us had the direct access to what Whyte was like unlike him, he just didn't care. You aren't seriously giving the 'duped' stuff credibility are you?

I think you have to, to a degree, yes. There is no way David Murray knew what was going to happen. No one could have foreseen that. We as Rangers fans have to shoulder some of the blame as well. We were so short sighted at the prospect of a new era under a new owner that we demanded he sell the club right away.

Before he sold the club, we were going in the right direction. Our debt was coming down by 1 Million a year was it? Or a month? We had a squad that was capable of challenging Celtic and doing something in Europe. Now we have a board in a complete mess. No one is sure who is actually running things. Somehow, despite starting off with no debt and 22 million in the bank we don't have enough money to survive. We're still paying players far, far too much. Fans are withholding season ticket money and the club is faced with Administration only 2 years after coming out of it.

I think we need to go back to one man running the show. If that's DM, that is fine by me. I couldn't have told you who was on the board when he was in charge. Things were quiet then and that's the way it should be. One man is better than in-fighting, back stabbing, leaking, media hungry idiots with big egos who want to be on the back pages all the time.

SDM 'I will only sell if it's in the best interests of Rangers'

From hero to zero for me - SDM is not stupid - he knew Whyte was a charlatan! But saved himself - had to be done from his side , perhaps, but from our perspective he sold us out! Even I don't have it in me to forgive him.

There probably is some part of mind that thinks he has unfinished business with us,, I think he always had some side to him which needed to prove to the world how successful he was and were the symbol of this. He did like playing the hero at times but also didn't try to dictate all aspects of the club as some owners do.

If flogging us to Whyte was all part of his master plan, then if he were to come back he would have to invest some serious money to appease the fans. After all, it was us who have suffered emotionally and financially from the past 2 years.

Can't ever see it happening but at the same time who knows? We don't even know what state the club will be in by next season.