Rangers boss Ally McCoist set to move for freed West Brom playmaker Scott Allan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when do we sign proper wide players?

We rarely target players to play on the left or right flank, instead playing the likes of MacLeod and Peralta there.

We have Templeton and Aird who I'd label as 'wide men' but I agree for some reason we try to shoehorn players who are not suited to that role into these areas.

So when do we sign proper wide players?

We rarely target players to play on the left or right flank, instead playing the likes of MacLeod and Peralta there.

Wouldn't disagree....I feel we badly lack pace in our team....I'd like to see us sign a quick, direct out and out winger.

A winger doesn't really seem to fit into the way McCoist sets the team up. Smith's team were much the same for the majority of his second spell too.

It seems to be more about guys who can put a shift in defensively than guys who are going to try and roast the full back everytime they get the ball.

Here's my reply from the transfer forum..

Know the boy and his family personally and he would be a great signing and I'm not being biased.

We took him over to Holland as part of the Hillington Youth set up for a tournament many years ago while he was 2 years younger than the rest of the lads who were all under 14's. Even the Dutch guys thought he was brilliant, he was an absolute stand out.

Big Blue nose and isn't a fanny on the drink. Gave me and my brother a life home from the Crookston Hotel a few months ago and he literally sipped a couple of shandies all night even his mates weren't falling about spastic drunk.

The only problem I could see is he will be taking a huge drop in wages and of course being left to rot by Ally despite signing him. He's got a few friends that play for us and he didn't wax lyrical about the coaching at Ibrox and says a few of the younger lads he knew would jump at the chance to get away to improve and develop.

why do posters on here always question players attitude? none of us know these players or see them play/train so aint qualified to make these stupid comments !!!

Agree with you on this, not easy to break into a West Brom team fighting for survival.

I think physically he wanst strong enough for the EPL but he is a smashing player imo. Dont think it will happen due to his wages can see him in the championship.

Through work i speak to a couple of fanatical Dundee Utd fans, & they reckon he should be playing in the EPL every week, they reckon his attitude is a bit of a problem though,

One even said he has more natural ability than Ryan Guald.

No more players over the age of 26, so many young players with massive potential being released from down south, Marc Albrighton for one, not saying we can get him but this is the market we should be looking at

Reading through this thread it's obvious we all have differing opinions on who would be a good signing and who wouldn't. I think Allen's worth a punt myself regardless of his age.

We don't know what players have been earmarked for the exit door so it would be good if we could just let the manager crack on without all this ''we've already got so and so many midfielders so we don't need more'', a lot can happen over the summer so surely rather than risk losing out on preferred targets we can get them in and then worry about getting rid of the passengers.

You'd like to think the board have given some indication of what the manager has to spend in the event we can't shift the deadwood so it's best to get them in soon as possible rather than lose out on them. It's not like we have a massive selection of quality players to choose from so we have to take them where we find them.