Rangers boss Ally McCoist set to move for freed West Brom playmaker Scott Allan

CLUB

FROM TO FEE LEAGUE FA CUP LGE CUP OTHER APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS Birmingham 19 Jul, 13 Loan 2 (3) 0 0 (0) 0 1 (1) 2 0 (0) 0 Portsmouth 28 Oct, 12 05 Jan, 13 Loan 6 (3) 1 1 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 MK Dons 28 Sep, 12 24 Oct, 12 Loan 2 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 Portsmouth 23 Feb, 12 01 May, 12 Loan 15 (0) 1 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 West Brom 10 Jan, 12 £300,000 No appearance data available Forfar 01 Aug, 10 31 May, 11 Loan 3 (0) 1 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 Dundee Utd 01 Jul, 10 10 Jan, 12 Youth 4 (4) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (1) 0 Totals £300,000 32 (12) 3 1 (0) 0 1 (1) 2 0 (1) 0 Goals per Game 0.06 0 n/a

Hardly set the heather on fire on his season loan to Forfar, came back to Dundee Utd and insisted,unsuccessfully, he should be a first team regular. Loaned out from West Brom the last loan to Birmingham where Lee Clark dropped him for his attitude and lack of application and tried to send him back to West Brom who refused to take him back and terminate the loan deal.

Just what we need for the championship!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent enough signing if we needed to bolster the midfield but we don't.

That defence needs properly sorted out with quality, proven players.

I said this last year and Ally covered up the cracks with Foster and Smith (realistically cover for Wallace).

He brought Mohsni in but again I'm not sure if his natural position is defence considering he played up front for Southend and has scored 12 goals for us this season.

First priority should be getting the right back position sorted and then looking at 2 solid, experienced central defenders.

Only then if we have the cash available, should Ally be looking at areas in which we are already oversubscribed.

He needs to get shot of some CMs before he brings in others unless they can play out wide.

I have a feeling he is going to stick with the defence we have. Maybe he thinks its good enough.

i think defence is a priority area to strengthen this summer.

we need a R.B. and at least one C.D. (hopefully two) to be sure of winning the championship I.M.O.

however i do not see anything happening quickly, until some of the deadwood run out of contract to free up some money for wages.

If Miller is coming back then he better be fucking worth every single fucking penny we pay him. If he plays great then fine but if he's shit and just wanting back with us to get a big fat wage every fucking week then he can go take a flying fuck.

ALLY McCoist is ready to crank up his interest in freed West Brom playmaker Scott Allan

article-2075333-0F3053BF00000578-726_468x381.jpg

The Rangers manager is a long-time admirer of the former Dundee United kid who was released on Monday.

Allan, a Scotland Under-21 star, was tipped for stardom after bursting on the scene at Tannadice as a 19-year-old.

The Baggies signed on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2012 and enjoyed a successful loan spell at Portsmouth.

But last year he was farmed out to Championship outfit Birmingham on a season-long deal – and made just seven appearances.

McCoist now wants to bring Allan to Ibrox on a free after missing out on him due to financial restraints at Ibrox two years ago.

Allan is looking for a fresh challenge and despite interest from several top-flight Scottish clubs, Record Sport understands he’s keen on a switch to the team he grew up supporting.

Meanwhile, McCoist is still confident of securing a two-year deal for Kenny Miller. The former Scotland frontman left Vancouver last month and has an agreement with McCoist to return to Ibrox for a third spell.

But out-of-contract St Mirren midfielder Kenny McLean will not join Rangers.

Check out our team of Scottish free agents who have been told they are free to find new clubs this summer.*

*List of free agents:

GK - Jamie McDonald - 28

FB/CB - Kirk Broadfoot - 29

FB/MF - Jamie Hamill - 27

CB - Garry Kenneth - 26

CB/FB - Lee Mair - 33

MF - Scott Allen - 22

MF/SW - Barry Ferguson - 36

MF/FW - Ryan Stevenson - 29

MF/FW - James McFadden - 31

FW - David Clarkson - 28

FW - Alan Gow - 31

Scott Allan is exactly the type of player we should be targeting he is young hungry with a point to prove and being a supporter of the the club is an added bonus too...he is miles ahead of the midfielders we have ..we now need a centre backs(hopefully Hutcheson) and Kris Boyd to add to Miller and i would be pleased with our squad

Well according to the Birmingham manager he wasn't hungry enough....if he is 100% up for it then superb but do we need another Darren cole esq billy big time?

why do posters on here always question players attitude? none of us know these players or see them play/train so aint qualified to make these stupid comments !!!

Because his last 3 managers have questioned his attitude....think that's a fair indication something's not right!

i think defence is a priority area to strengthen this summer.

we need a R.B. and at least one C.D. (hopefully two) to be sure of winning the championship I.M.O.

however i do not see anything happening quickly, until some of the deadwood run out of contract to free up some money for wages.

I agree. McCulloch is a shambles in defence and big Mohsni is not much better. Both will get shown up. With two good CB's I think you would get away with Foster at RB but who do we have to replace him if needed so we need another. Faure aint the answer and I think he would also get a showing up at CB next season so should he be retained?

Wallace and Smith are the only two defenders I rate at Ibrox.Big Gasparroto could be good enough but he needs played alongside a solid partner much like Danny Wilson was with big Davie.

If we sort out the defence I will have no problem with him signing Scott Allans or Kenny Millars but if they are in the team its got to be at the expense of a Daly, Law or Black. No more shoehorning his favourites into the team.

If KM still has the pace I would be signing him for next season as well as he is the type of player who will cause Championship defences problems and can take the heat off the team if we aint playing well. If its a two year contract its the kind of short term planning I could accept to get us over the finish line but we need to be bringing the Gallaghers, Gasparrotos through with regular game time not just appearances at the end of the season.

Probably thought since he was at a Prem club he had the right to play at a championship club and didn't put the work in on the training pitch.

Looks like he learned the hard way.

I don't remember his attitude being reported on when at United, I guess he thought he made it when West Brom bought him.

Aye Houston bombed him out the team because of his attitude and either Clark or hogson said he needed to grow up when he got loaned to Portsmouth....as I say, no question he has ability but with ally's track record with players I'd worry bout this one.

Aye Houston bombed him out the team because of his attitude and either Clark or hogson said he needed to grow up when he got loaned to Portsmouth....as I say, no question he has ability but with ally's track record with players I'd worry bout this one.

Don't remember the things at United, only them trying to get him to stay :lol:

If attitude is a problem then I'd agree our staff are not the right people to address things like that.

However it's a low cost risk so probably worth the punt.