I think he should consider packing it in now. Horsed by a nobody who will lose in straight sets in the next round. He was welling up in Sydney on Sunday when talking about his family. If he's missing them that much, it really isn't worth him touring the world only to be a very pale imitation of what he once was.

I watched Murrays first round match and other than defensive resilience he doesn't have a great deal to offer these days....I think he only managed 30 winners in 5 sets which is pretty low in truth.....he was just happy to keep getting the ball back into play and wait for his opponent to make an unforced error (nearly a 100 his opponent had) that wins you nothing when your next opponent only makes 30/40 unforced errorsĀ 

Unfortunately he has been dealt a cruel blow in his career when he was at the top of his game but it's a hard watch now, I get he is still a competitor but is it really worth it when he has only won 1 match in his last 3 visits to Melbourne.....although he has never won it but making the final 5 times would suggest it was a tournament tailor made for him to compete in....maybe one last hurrah at Wimbledon this year then it's time to say goodbyeĀ 

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I watched Murrays first round match and other than defensive resilience he doesn't have a great deal to offer these days....I think he only managed 30 winners in 5 sets which is pretty low in truth.....he was just happy to keep getting the ball back into play and wait for his opponent to make an unforced error (nearly a 100 his opponent had) that wins you nothing when your next opponent only makes 30/40 unforced errorsĀ 

Unfortunately he has been dealt a cruel blow in his career when he was at the top of his game but it's a hard watch now, I get he is still a competitor but is it really worth it when he has only won 1 match in his last 3 visits to Melbourne.....although he has never won it but making the final 5 times would suggest it was a tournament tailor made for him to compete in....maybe one last hurrah at Wimbledon this year then it's time to say goodbyeĀ 

I think he'll see how the season pans out. If he can make improvements then we will definitely see him for another 2-3 years. If he can't make it past Round 2 of the slams or climb the rankings, I think he will call it a day.