Why is the world cup so much better than 4 years ago?

Perhaps the defending is just rubbish but all the games so far have been very entertaining ... I think the fact that it's in Brazil has energized all the players because any footballer worth his salt will want to shine and show the world he can play when he gets off the plane in Rio and is met by 200 million sambaing soccer junkies :party:

Just a wee bit of no parking the buses by the gaffers in the group stages from what I have seen so far. No unnecessary draws so far. 37 goals in 4 days. Quite a Golazo fest tourney with the Flying Dutchmen tallying 5 goals. 3 clean sheets so far (Mexico, Colombia and France).

Interesting quick analysis of the goalfest at the Brasil WC:

http://www.cityam.com/blog/1402915935/world-cup-2014-are-we-record-goal-tally

Just a wee bit of no parking the buses by the gaffers in the group stages from what I have seen so far. No unnecessary draws so far. 37 goals in 4 days. Quite a Golazo fest tourney with the Flying Dutchmen tallying 5 goals. 3 clean sheets so far (Mexico, Colombia and France).

Interesting quick analysis of the goalfest at the Brasil WC:

http://www.cityam.co...cord-goal-tally

Apart from Italy no team has parked the bus and it's been good counter attacking football. I really hope Ally has been watching teams leaving a player or two up in midfield while defending at corners.

Apart from Italy no team has parked the bus and it's been good counter attacking football. I really hope Ally has been watching teams leaving a player or two up in midfield while defending at corners.

I also read that Greece parked the bus, but did they really do that? Colombia managed to keep Samaras in check. What I like about this WC tourney is assertive and aggressive football coupled with a little more physical play.

The goal fest continues at 41 goals with 11 games played so far. The average would be 3.7 per match.

The only thing Ally will have noticed is RVP's headed goal which was classic route one football. No midfield required.