Derby v Rangers

SteveJ

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's predicatable tactics and set up, unimaginative, lacking in the use of pace, not creative enough, slothful at the back, sluggish in the middle and lacking in any meaningful ability to create goal scoring chances. And that's not just been this game.

Absent of sufficient hunger to win a game and play well. Liabilities in defence. Pedestrian in midfield with not enough intent for midfielders to get into attacking positions. Inability to move the ball quickly and accurately and in doing so to create openings. Like watching something old-fashioned. Clinging on to the name and the history and not doing sufficient to create confidence about creating an even better future. Mediocre at best and that would be a kind description.

Wonder what the CEO and Board and major shareholders think. I suppose its possible that enough rope has been payed out with the acquisitions made so far that if they are not on track at around Christmas time to be in with a more than decent prospect of winning promotion then that rope may be hauled in and change made. The thought of spending more than one season in the Championship is just beyond thinking about. But if this sort of performance is to be the norm then it is a prospect that may have to be faced up to. I'm old enough to remember Ibrox when a great many stayed away. Dark days. At this rate of lack of progress as a compelling team that is not playing well and no bursting with confidence across the whole of the team then it would be their performances in the forthciming months that would put the distractions of Board stuff into the right focus. The target is promption at first attempt. If that does not look possible at around Christmas time then it is possible that the tide will have turned decisively and changes would be inevitable as the alternative of fans dwindling away over a couple of seasons would be financially disastrous.

Today - and watching the RTV reports of the N.America tour - I have seen no positive signs of any material improvement in the way we are playing. None. I am not yet convinced that the squad has anything like the hunger to succeed this season that the Support has. I'm far from convinced that enougn of them have the strength as indviduals and as a squad collectively to handle the extraordinary pressures they will be under this season. And I'm far from convinced the team is being set up to play to the strengths of the players and to get the very best out of them. In such an important season the pre-season games have managed to reduce my confidence about the season ahead. It may also give more hope than it should have done to those team we will be playing in the Championship and in that sense instead of setting out markers it may achieve own goals.

Some testing times lie just ahead.

That's a Water Smith line-up right there.

That is the problem with McCoist and his pals. He is a disciple of Smith but it is a clear case of the pupil not being as good as the master.

He is the main reason I think ST sales have fallen. Some may stick up for him but I have yet to hear one Rangers fan say they actually enjoy the football under him.

Really concerning to see where we are at the moment. Need a massive improvement against Hibs and Hearts or it's really not gonna be surprising of we lose both. It's more than that though, it shows just how far off we are from being able to compete with the top spl sides. Ally and those who defend him can point out the stats and what not (unbeaten season etc zzzzzz) , but they are burying their heads in the sand. If we go into the SPL with this side , and say even 3 or 4 improvements, we're still going to get absolutely massacred. We need a total tactical overhaul, and that simply means Ally and his utterly useless staff need to go. I don't care if he's stood by us through our darkest times, I'm sick of people using that to justify his absolute inadequacy as a coach. I don't care about the rousing soundbites like 'we don't do walking away' or any of his pish - the man is a cancer on our club. We will never get anywhere with him, his staff , or a vast majority of these players.

Bell,

Wallace, McGregor Zalikus Foster

Law Black McLeod

Boyd Miller Templeton

433 that can become a 442, or a 4231

These players are all more than capable of playing in any of the those formations, but a one up top and long punt that we are seeing is just awful.....

If Alistair survives it is another season further away from being able to rectify the situation, if Wallace cannot see that or worse take appropriste measures he really will turn out a major disappointment.

I agree with host that Wallace apppears to lack the neccessary fortitude to impose change, he may prove that assessment wrong...I hope he does otherwise we are running to mark time and stand still.

Hivs must be watching that and rubbing their hands in glee.

They could not even beat East fife last week or Dunfermline the week before so I don't think they'll be rubbing any hands in glee at the minute.

Derby are playing at a level of football that is light years ahead of what Rangers have been playing the last few years and it showed in the 2nd half.

After looking at all our pre-season friendlies, we are by no means ready for the season ahead.

Our inept manager keeps playing his favourites,

Aird (couldn't get past the FB at Buckie ffs) doesn't use his speed up the wing, keeps passing the ball backwards and forgets to move forward for return ball.

Jig, too slow and past it.

Law, seldom seen and forgets why he is on the pitch.

Miller and Boyd, old men trying to recover their youth. (Mission impossible)

The less I say about Moshni and MacGregor, the better.

We have players in the squad who can do a hell of a lot better, Gasperotto, Templeton, Clark etc.

They could not even beat East fife last week or Dunfermline the week before so I don't think they'll be rubbing any hands in glee at the minute.

Derby are playing at a level of football that is light years ahead of what Rangers have been playing the last few years and it showed in the 2nd half.

So because Derby are a better team that means its ok to play absolute pish against them instead of raising our game just 7days before the league opener and 3 days before the cup game.

I was reading some posts at half time and thought I must have been watching another game, because I thought we were pretty poor. The second half was much worse.

I will leave it at that until after the hivs game, but after today I cannot say I have much confidence in a win. :(

I have went on abt this long and hard in local pub and with mates etc.

MCCOIST had a golden opportunity to develop his own style of football in division thrde

I dont go for all the piss , you cant play football in that division. Did anyone actually watch how well some of the smaller teams played actual football against us????

Mccoist is a joke. He had the opportuniyy to blood rangers youngsters. Yeah they are not good enough the first yeat but give them a run over two seasons. We have done everything arsd from elbow as far as i van see.

this is the season our youngsters with over 150 games shpuld have shone. Instead we have a signing policy of stevie smith, tichard or dick foster, blackand now miller and boyd, ,not to mention the irish one. ...

Now it looks as i have said we sill need to release players to get some more in.

Now here is the question, every one of the iof sos rac and other acronyms be what they will go on abt large bonuses to chief execs etc, what abt mccoist signing players and them not seeing their contracts out. There will be some to come mark my words. ...so its ok for ally to make a cunt of it but not those in the boardroom????

No rangers manager will ever ever be afforder the luxury ally had and stamping his mark his own brand on rangers. And in my opinion he has made a right rip roaring james hunt of it.

ffs, wait till the season actually starts before baying for blood. Derby are better than any team in the Championship - they'd do well in the Premiership. The team we have is not great, but it's sufficient to get us back to the top. Next year we'll have more money for better players and maybe a better manager, too. Hives and Farts are nowhere near as good as us, and that says something.

I think we need a sense of perspective, yes it was very poor, yes Ally's gash, yes its only a pre-season friendly, but fearing hubs and hertz c'mon!

Derby just missed promotion to the EPL, we've just been promoted from the third tier of Scottish football.

Still good to see Duranty up on his feet, and with his hands out his pockets, silver linings!

So because Derby are a better team that means its ok to play absolute pish against them instead of raising our game just 7days before the league opener and 3 days before the cup game.

Derby are fitter, stronger and faster than Rangers right now as they play in the 6th richest league in world football and get tested week-in week out.

Rangers have playing against plumbers and road sweepers the last few years it's hardly a shock our level of play has fallen so badly.

Derby are fitter, stronger and faster than Rangers right now as they play in the 6th richest league in world football and get tested week-in week out.

Rangers have playing against plumbers and road sweepers the last few years it's hardly a shock our level of play has fallen so badly.

Ah, common sense! How rare.