Derby v Rangers

SteveJ

McGregor has looked decent going forward. Is he not a CB though? For me Ally is always trying to be too clever with his formations, I know fuck all right enough! Enjoying the commentary. Rammy the Ram, a mascot, not an instruction for Aberdeen fans. Ha ha!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not stuck on the right he's been in the middle a lot and on the left too.

OK Mr pedantic. I'm gutted to see him start on the right, play the majority of the half on the right and have very little influence on the the game from the right. He clearly has no understanding with mcgregor which is understandable, but with wallace they give us a real attacking threat down the left hand side. As far as can see this formation and team selection gives us very little on either flank.

Derby are better than anyone we`ll face in the league so I can understand the formation, I can`t imagine it being the same for the HIVs game.

Hopefully we get Boyd on and see if we can bag a goal or two though.

Bit negative in the formation, but to be honest, derby are a good few levels against what we are normally up against.

Wallace has been different class as usual. He is too good for the level we are at to be honest! Miles ahead of that boy Dundee utd just sold IMO.

Moshni is a majestic liability. Honestly no idea what to expect from him.

Would be very disappointed if Boyd is only used as an impact player this year with a 1 up front formation used. He is too good for that. Need to find a formation that utilizes our few real quality players to the maximum of their ability.

McGregor has looked decent going forward. Is he not a CB though? For me Ally is always trying to be too clever with his formations, I know fuck all right enough! Enjoying the commentary. Rammy the Ram, a mascot, not an instruction for Aberdeen fans. Ha ha!

Foster and Faure are both out with slight injuries so McGregor wouldn't normally be in that position.

Bit negative in the formation, but to be honest, derby are a good few levels against what we are normally up against.

Wallace has been different class as usual. He is too good for the level we are at to be honest! Miles ahead of that boy Dundee utd just sold IMO.

Moshni is a majestic liability. Honestly no idea what to expect from him.

Would be very disappointed if Boyd is only used as an impact player this year with a 1 up front formation used. He is too good for that. Need to find a formation that utilizes our few real quality players to the maximum of their ability.

I doubt Boyd will only be used as impact player. The reason he's not playing today is because he has had a piss poor preseason due to lack of fitness after his injury.

We've played some good stuff at times, yet we're very tentative going forward. We still appear very vulnerable at the back, and Moshni is a real liability and we must get rid of him asap. Lewis McLeod looks good, Nicky Law looks interested (for a change), Ian Black is workmanlike and Kyle Hutton is very solid across the back.

We need to stop dwelling on the ball and needlessly giving it away. Derby look an average side and eminently beatable, and if we push on without being reckless we can win this one easily. However, I'm not unmindful of our proclivity to give away silly goals.

Mohsni is a liabilty and with Mcculloch in there im surprised we havent conceded. Mcculloch's first option is always a punt up the park. Its a pity we couldn't have started Mcgregor and Zaliukas in defence from the start.

I know it's only a number but u find it very strange why Aird is allocated #4 which a couple of greatest captains wore , especially as he's a " winger"

Ridiculous team selection from our Jose ( terrifies me that him and ally are same age btw)

Well see this formation every away game :(

I know it's only a number but u find it very strange why Aird is allocated #4 which a couple of greatest captains wore , especially as he's a " winger"

Ridiculous team selection from our Jose ( terrifies me that him and ally are same age btw)

Well see this formation every away game :(

away games!

we will probably have to suffer this nonsense on Tuesday night