Rangers boss McCoist vows to keep best players

Bothwellbear

Rangers boss McCoist vows to keep best players

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has issued a "hands-off" warning to clubs considering a move for Lee Wallace.

ChrisJack.jpg

Chris Jack Group Sports Writer

Thursday 14/08/2014

0 Comments

Print

25046475.jpg

Rangers boss Ally McCoist has issued a "hands-off" warning to clubs who are interested in his players

English Championship side Brighton were linked this week with a swoop for the Scotland left back.

But the Gers gaffer is determined to hold on to his best player and most prized asset.

McCoist said: "Lee is a very important player to us. We've had absolutely no contact from Brighton and Hove Albion and I do not expect him to go.

"I would be hopeful as manager of the club that we can keep our best players and Lee certainly falls into that category."

McCoist also dismissed speculation that former St Mirren and Norwich man Simon Lappin had joined the club on trial.

The Scots midfielder is a free agent after being released by Cardiff city.

Rangers return to Championship action tomorrow night when they face Falkirk, but they are set to be without right- back Richard Foster and midfielder Ian Black for the Brockville clash.

The pair were crocked in Sunday's loss to Hearts at Ibrox and they are also doubtful for the Petrofac Training Cup tie against Clyde next Monday.

"Both players missed training," McCoist told rangers.co.uk yesterday.

"Richard is going to be very doubtful for Falkirk and the Clyde match on Monday, while it's the same with Blackie too.

"That's not ideal for us, but everybody else is in fine form.

"We had a closed-doors game yesterday and that gave two or three of the younger boys a run.

"They came through it fine, so while two of our players are struggling we have plenty of others in our squad to call on.

"That's why we need competition for places.

"We have a reasonably strong 14 or 15 players here but when we get a couple of injuries it's up to the others to come in and take their chance."

Injury-hit Honduran midfielder Arnold Peralta is also out of contention with a groin problem.

"We have a reasonably strong 14 or 15 players here"

We have 23 (what I'd call) senior players in our squad, including 17 that Ally signed himself.

What a bizzare thing to say.

This was even more bizarre

""That's not ideal for us, but everybody else is in fine form."

Some good news.

Black and Foster missed their training session yesterday...that's an hour they won't get back but at least they had 18 seconds of tactics to listen to.

Right Ricky HOOOOOOOF it...ok Blackie boot him and Jig your my keeper this week.

Horrible to read that. I'd prefer if the headline was "Ally McCoist vows to coach his players"

But naw, instead we get another kick in the teeth. Who played in that closed doors game? If McKay, Aird etc took part it's unlikely he'll play them in Friday. Sounding more and more like Jig will be given the midfield role.

14 or 15 strong players good kick in the balls for the rest of the squad that!

Yet again his public utterances are an embarrassment. Further proof he doesn't rate many of the youth and i don't expect to see many of them feature until he is gone.

McGregor, Mohsni and Hutton will come in to consideration as will the thought of moving McCulloch in to replace Black and Mohsni returning at CH.

"We have a reasonably strong 14 or 15 players here"

We have 23 (what I'd call) senior players in our squad, including 17 that Ally signed himself.

What a bizzare thing to say.

You know that's him fishing for more signings.

I bet he explained that to the players regarding this interview,

He gets a big squad then loans players out and doesn't drop players who are under performing.

Brass neck.