Your vote for Erskine - The results are in

govanblue

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been spreading the good word for ye Govan, even managed to get jungles and Independence supporters to vote for the cause.

Good shout mate I'm sure this thread has got Erskine hundreds if not thousands of votes by now.

Cheers IP (tu).

I won't ask where you meet such people! :P

I'd say at least a hundred, haven't counted the thread, but hopefully a few hundred more from word-of-mouth, retweeties etc.

I'm assuming Erskine have sent their message out to lots of other loyal supporters too, so there should hopefully be similar threads on a few other sites too. (tu)

In the meantime folks, I spoke to Erskine today about tickets for the ICT game. They'll check their shift rotas and get back to us with some numbers on Monday.

Bump.

We've got 35 days till the voting ends, so I'll try to keep you amused until then! :D

Here are some photos I took on a visit to Erskine Park Home...

This is the Sensory Garden, which as you can see was a major undertaking, and is pretty impressive...

garden1_zps9159c5ca.jpg

Everything in the Garden is designed/planned to provide as much variety of sensory stimulation as possible.

For many of the residents, their dementia limits much, if not all communication, but even in the most severe cases, something that always gets through is sensory information. Shapes, colours, feels, smells, sounds etc, all of which elicit powerful, often calming memories. If you don't believe me, go put your Rangers scarf on, and just hold it against your neck for a while. See?

Sometimes, the world of senses just gets too much for some residents, and they can have 'bad moments'. At times like this, what is needed is not sensory overload from the garden, but as little sensory input as possible.

This is where the Harold Davis Sensory Room comes in. It's designed to be as relaxing and calming as possible with a variety of relaxing aids such as whale song music, lava lamps, light projections, and other relaxing things. I hear that it's also a very popular visiting room for when a visiting spouse wants a bit of quiet time with their loved one. Nothing saucy of course!

It's a very small room, so I haven't managed to capture the essence of it well. You're also supposed to shut the blackout blinds for best effect - but then the camera can't see a thing! You can't see it properly, but the blue mobile in the window is made up of tiny little Blue Bears! You can find a lot of nice touches like that if you look closely in Erskine. :D

sense1_zpse507d09d.jpg

Sense2_zpsc4da23fd.jpg

That fake fish tank may look a bit twee, but I can assure you, I would still be there staring at it now if they hadn't switched it off! :lol:

Then we have the Reminiscence Room, a mock up of a 1950/60s Sitting Room. The more seasoned amongst you will recognise virtually everything in these pics from your own lives. The staff take great pains making sure everything they source is authentic.

This room is a particularly pleasant venue for the Residents to hold their various little clubs and meetings in. Sunday Afternoon Tea, or just to read the paper.

Memories1_zps9ec103eb.jpg

Memories2_zpsed525dcc.jpg

And finally, on to the Sporting Memories Room. This is what you're voting for.

At the moment, it's just an empty room, used for general storage, but if they win the £3000 then watch this space!

Sporting1_zps050b6737.jpg