Does anywhere compare to Ibrox?

now then forever

Champion's League theme playing, Hello Hello drowning it out as the camera pans along the opposition players and you could see that the noise level was getting to them, special nights.

The old firm games have been shite as you say, other countries are only interested in these matches as they're hoping for trouble on or off the field, the journos and tims must have forgotten that when they set about complaining about the songs etc, it's a damp squib now with both sets of fans fearful of a criminal record.

I really hope the next one is different as it's been so long, and they tried to kill us.

Vile chants coming from the stands, sendings off and the tims fighting amongst themselves would be fantastic.

I’d love nothing more for the next one to be a anything goes old fashioned Glasgow Derby, sing your songs and we will sing our louder and prouder. Place buzzing and someone scored a goal while doing the Gazza flute celebration.

Remember going to games knowing you might not get lifted for singing a song or having a proper day out at the game? Me either

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love nothing more for the next one to be a anything goes old fashioned Glasgow Derby, sing your songs and we will sing our louder and prouder. Place buzzing and someone scored a goal while doing the Gazza flute celebration.

Remember going to games knowing you might not get lifted for singing a song or having a proper day out at the game? Me either

If these laws were out back then I'd be writing this from a cell :lol:

Fuck all wrong with being a 90 minute bigot, or so we thought.

If these laws were out back then I'd be writing this from a cell :lol:

Fuck all wrong with being a 90 minute bigot, or so we thought.

You and me both.

I’d be unemployable with the rap sheet I’d have had.

Remember in school having FTP, 1690 ect all over the back of your books…maybe just me but still :lol:

Country is a joke, get community service for battering a lassie but if you dare sing a bad song yer going to do some porridge.

p.s I've never battered a lassie....she battered me

I would still say the atmosphere in big games in the last 10 to 15 years is still brilliant. Even in 2010 I think it was the Edu old firm game, Valencia and Man U in the champions league etc. still unbelievable atmospheres. In 2007 I think it was Lampard going about the atmosphere in a pre season friendly and Victor Valdes saying it's the most intimidating atmosphere he has ever faced when we played Barca.

You and me both.

I'd be unemployable with the rap sheet I'd have had.

Remember in school having FTP, 1690 ect all over the back of your books…maybe just me but still :lol:

Country is a joke, get community service for battering a lassie but if you dare sing a bad song yer going to do some porridge.

p.s I've never battered a lassie....she battered me

Haha I was the same at school.

Was it that Jack McConnell cunt that brought these laws in? My mate's a plod and can mind him saying that they were being encouraged to add the sectarian element to breaches to get the numbers up and make it look like the law was justified.

Racism and rape are bigger problems in the country IMO but football fans are an easy target when you have folk that bow down to everything thrown their way.

That was a good one granted but I just think the fact of everything that happened made it seem really positive ect. The fact we are not allowed to sing many of our songs and the wankers telling you to sit down at every opportunity really has taken it’s toll on the atmosphere at Ibrox on big occasions IMO.

Remember in the late 90’s at Ibrox on a CL night, place literally bouncing…Billy Boys belting out, Derrys wall ect it was a sight and sound to behold…these days you are likely to get lifted and given a criminal record if you tried to get something close to that atmosphere going again.

I’m just glad I experienced Ibrox in the good times (not meaning where we are playing and admin but actually being allowed to sing and not be scared to get lifted or grassed in).

Agree with that .Those days were amazing and the young ones will just never appreciate how special times they were .You just can't get this from watching Dvds .With the exception of my Mother and Father living .Watching a Rangers in these times gave me the best experiences and memories of my life .Wouldn't change it for anything .

I'm having a wee smile at the guys feeling nostalgic for the 90s.

You have no idea what it was like up until the mid 70s with crowds of 90,000 at Ibrox, 80,000 at Penn State Aid and over 130,000 at Hampden. Some seasons we only played the tarriers once at home and once away, the atmosphere back then was spine tingling. And try and imagine a Cup Final with almost 70,000 of us, the same amount of them, all the drink you could carry in, and anything goes for the song sheet.

Been to Dortmund and have got to say the atmosphere is brilliant. They also know how to organise things. Your travel included in the price of the ticket ,the way the b uild up the atmosphere pre game . The stadium is right in on the pitch got so say it's the best I have seen

I was at that game G.E.C atmosphere was brilliant. That's the night Valdes described as the best atmosphere he's ever played in, that's a guy that's played against all the top teams in the world.

remember being off school all that week on October week buzzing as we had just pumped them 3-0 on the sat/sun and were playing barca on the wed in the champions league :7325::party: those were the days

My Europen Director is a Dutch guy who lives in Barcelona and is married to the daughter of an ex president of Barca. I had him along to the last OF match at Ibrox and he was astonished by the atmosphere, much better than the Camp Nou he said. And to top it off he predicted the correct score and was on his feet singing, clapping and doing the bouncy.

Top man is Jaap.

Better stadium? I'd have to go for Shalke's ground in Gelsenkirchen.

:D

Av been to a few grounds in my time Anfield, Goodison, Villa park, Wembley and a few others, and the only place that comes close to Ibrox (tin hat on here) is the piggery against us. I don't know if its just an OF thing or what, but I would probably put it down to most weegies are more passionate about football than anywhere else in the world. its a way of life.

Been to Dortmund and have got to say the atmosphere is brilliant. They also know how to organise things. Your travel included in the price of the ticket ,the way the b uild up the atmosphere pre game . The stadium is right in on the pitch got so say it's the best I have seen

Would love to take my son there.I have bren in the Camp Nou and other notable grounds but think it depends on the occassion,most times its been run of the mill league games.The Germans certainly know how to raise an atmosphere as do the crazy Turks....

Many stadiums of the 20th century could arguably be compared to Ibrox Stadium due to the work of one man, Archibald Leitch. The old Goodison stand even had the old row of blue/white crosses which seperated stand from enclosure. Our stadium was probably his masterpiece.

http://en.wikipedia....rchibald_Leitch

the only atmosphere I have experienced that comes close to Ibrox in the late 60;s was the Kop at Annfield in the same time period. My first cup final against the scum was the League cup in 1965. Hampdump was a shite hole (nothing changed there) but the atmosphere was bouncing that day. We lost with John Hughes scoring from 2 penalties and a pitch invasion at the end of the game (that was the incident that stopped Scottish teams parading a cup right at the end of a final.) I was 10 at the time. Always have and always will HATE losing to them.

Ibrox is beautiful and we will obviously be biased as its our club. But I visited the Nou Camp and walking up those stairs (directors box side) and looking at the big stand across and around was something ill never forget. From outside the stadium looks run down and small. But when you walk in its breathtaking in my opinion.