Dean Shiels

AlBear.

:Shiels:

Congrats to the wee man on his goal tonight. By the sounds of the reports on Rangers.co.uk he put in a good shift. http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7725-dean-got-his-reward

I've always had a lot of time for Deano, or Dean De Boer as some know him, and believed he can be a more than useful addition to our squad over the long run. He's a bit of an enigma with his 'best position' but for me he appears a natural number 10. Able to link midfield to attack and capable of taking his goals tally to double figures each season.

Had a torrid time of injuries in his Rangers career so far. Being 29 he's not going to progress any further but, imo, his game isn't based on speed so I think he can go on for a fair few years yet.

Do we think he can be a mainstay in our squad over the next few years?

A reasonably talented lad who has the talent to have a team built around him at clubs with a certain level of expectation.

Unfortunately he lacks the consistency required to ever have that level of faith put him by a club the size of ours.

If he's out of contracr this Summer he is a player we could move on and he would literally be forgotten about within a few days and probably never thought of or mentioned again.

I really like him, he is very itelligent, and would set chances up for boyd from forward positions, He was good tonight, and I would keep in in team.

Well Done Dean Shiels, and good decision Ally not playing Boyd and Daly together.

1 other thing ...Fraser Aird needs dropped for a few games....... Templeton has to start and ty and improve his consistancy.

A reasonably talented lad who has the talent to have a team built around him at clubs with a certain level of expectation.

Unfortunately he lacks the consistency required to ever have that level of faith put him by a club the size of ours.

If he's out of contracr this Summer he is a player we could move on and he would literally be forgotten about within a few days and probably never thought of or mentioned again.

in the last 2 years I've been to most of the turgid crap we have shown as a team .When I think about highlights ,Deano has been high on my thoughts .He's had injuries ,has been subject to lots of abuse with fans frustrated with his inconsistency, for me many times he has proved that he can entertain .He won't be kept on because he is injury prone and the hefty wage he picks up ..I honestly think though ,he has done reasonably ok since the start of all this garbage we as bears have been watching over last 2 and half years .Last few weeks have been the exception barring Alloa .Hope the guy gets a real chance to shine this season and earn himself the respect I think he is due .

I like Shiels and if he can stay injury free and geta run of games I think we'll start to see his worth. His return to the starting lineup last night was a bit of a surprise, but he appears to have taken the opportunity with both hands, so good on him! Softens the loss of Clark and Macleod a little too when he slots into the team seamlessly like that.

Keep up the good work Dean and you might change peoples opinions!

I do like Dean Shiels but we have never seen the best of him at Rangers. Such a waste of talent though there is no way on Gods earth he deserves his £7k a week salary! Not his fault of course.

You don't know how much Deano is on on a week so stop talking pish.

I think a combination of injury and inconsistency will see his Rangers career end when his contract is up.. Which is sad in a way as i had high expectations for the lad.

You don't know how much Deano is on on a week so stop talking pish.

I think a combination of injury and inconsistency will see his Rangers career end when his contract is up.. Which is sad in a way as i had high expectations for the lad.

Yes i do, we all do. A few journalists as well as his agent let it out.

:Shiels:

Congrats to the wee man on his goal tonight. By the sounds of the reports on Rangers.co.uk he put in a good shift. http://www.rangers.c...-got-his-reward

I've always had a lot of time for Deano, or Dean De Boer as some know him, and believed he can be a more than useful addition to our squad over the long run. He's a bit of an enigma with his 'best position' but for me he appears a natural number 10. Able to link midfield to attack and capable of taking his goals tally to double figures each season.

Had a torrid time of injuries in his Rangers career so far. Being 29 he's not going to progress any further but, imo, his game isn't based on speed so I think he can go on for a fair few years yet.

Do we think he can be a mainstay in our squad over the next few years?

Great to see him taking his chance last night in the same way that Clark has done since Miller was injured.

It seems the signing of Boyd and miller has got the fringe attacking players upping their game which can only be good for the team as a whole.

Shiels seemed to lose all confidence when he came to us but he is still young enough and talented enough to force himself into a regular startting (and hopefully scoring) place.