256 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept Promotion through Playoffs

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't put Hearts in their place then it's a very sad day. I would take promotion any way I could but the question is, Where will we finish once in the top flight ?

I think we would finish 4 or something at best with our current set up.

Hearts have thrown down the gauntlet, now it's time for our player to train harder, work harder, get fitter and go on a win the league.

The question was really rather simple. In the event that we dont win this league would you rather we were promoted through the play offs to the SPL or would you rather spend another year in the wilderness. Come on to fuck, this doesnt need any thought surely.

I expect the usual Ally hating tossers to vote no and try to put the cloven hoof in but getting back to the top division has got to be the priority...... BTW I still think we will win, just didnt think we would make such hard work of it.

To be fair to previous posters, what you have stated above is NOT the question posted for the poll. There is an OP entitled "Think Before You Post", in the OT section. Although this refers to possible criminal charges, it is also good advice to those setting polls.

I, most certainly would not be happy for us to get promotion through a playoff situation as it would show we were not good enough to win a league which, given our resources, we should piss through.

It would also show that we do not have the management nor standard of player to challenge for THE top spot in Scottish football.

As a Club, we have high standards to maintain, so to start accepting an "also ran" tag is inconceivable. This was not acceptable in 142 years, so should not be acceptable now.

We would have no choice if we ended up being second however there's a long way to go and 6 points is not a big deficit. We have beaten 'them' in the past having trailed by 12 points so I'm not fussed at this point. I knew that this division would not be a walk over and that was before Hearts dropped down into the championship.

Bollocks our lifeline is money and the top league is the pot with the most, Any way up is acceptable but the playoff place should always be plan B.

Personally i'd sooner stay in the championship, sack mccoist, most of the first squad and bring in a new manager to tune the youth for promotion.

I have never said, get rid of the manager, I have stuck with him throughout and will continue to do so while he is doing all that is reasonably expected of him, if Rangers don't go up as Champions, this is an unacceptable managerial performance, we have got the best and strongest squad by far. There is no excuse for not winning this league.

so you dont want promoted if we only manage second in the league?

Did I say that. Pretty stupid question to ask.

The post is pointless. We should be winning this league no problem. But to ask if we would take it through play offs or not. Like we'd rather stay down in this league.