Livingston Programme

cdb1690

A football club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator.

Let me spell it out for you.

THE FOOTBALL CLUB AND COMPANY THAT OWNS IT ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!!

Indeed, so why do we care what fherranti thistle say?They will die sooner than later, a joke of a club

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I opened this thread now regarding this lot. An apology is only words, a lot of fucking shit written in a programme should never of been aloud and surely someone at that small club could of seen this before it was printed. Like I said before jealousy is a nasty feeling. No surrender bears.

There are literally thousands of companies / legal entities going through liquidation. None of them are the football club known as Rangers though. You know why? It is because the football club was transferred on a going concern basis (check the administrators report if you want confirmation) ensuring the continuation of the business through a transference of economic entity.

The funny thing is that you probably think you have wound folk up here, but all you do is set yourself up to be slapped down. This just gives us another chance to prove how wrong you are.

What makes it even more funny is that you actually went to the hassle of setting up an account for the sake of 3 posts in which you get totally owned.

Oh and just for a giggle, since you seem to be obsessed with the names of companies who suffered liquidation, in 2001 a company called Celtic Extraction LTD went into liquidation. I can only assume that Celtic Insertion LTD is blossoming.

http://www.justcite....t/b2qtnWidmSaaa

The new company (newco) took on the running of the club in mid-June 2012. The company that formerly ran the club didn't go into liquidation until the end of October 2012.

oh and thanks to the ONE person that reported the taig. FFS guys, help a bit eh.

plenty posts along the line of "why is this cunt still here" yet no-one thinks to actually report said cunt.

We were having so much fun Gogzy.

Just seen this on twitter

Callum Carson@CallumCarson34 1 hr1 hour ago

Livingston programme editor has resigned following comments made in the programme for the match against Rangers on Saturday.

Callum Carson@CallumCarson34 1 hr1 hour ago

Statement says: "The club do feel that the editor has used the medium of the Official Match Programme to express his own personal views."

I think they will, they will be scared to lose the business and will hang the culprit out to dry, although they probably agree with him!

This^. They are desperate for our fans not to boycott the next game. See the article below that I've cut and paste. If their former director is successful in his claim they're likely to be in admin for a 3rd time. I've no sympathy, they deserve all that comes their way after Saturday.

Former Livingston Football Club chief executive Ged Nixon has been banned from being a company director until 2018.

The ban came into effect on August 13 and lasts until February 12, 2018, following the liquidation of Pres Dec Limited.

HMRC have filed claims against the company, which was liquidated in September 2012, totalling nearly £250,000.

A statement from The Insolvency Service says that: “Gerard Keith Nixon caused Pres Dec Limited to fail to comply with its statutory obligations to make payments as and when due to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).”

The statement further states that: “HMRC have submitted a claim in the Liquidation in respect of outstanding VAT, surcharges, penalties, an Officer’s Assessment and interest amounting to £130,970.62.”

HMRC have also filed a claim of £102,220.34 for unpaid PAYE, National Insurance Contributions and Construction Industry Tax, along with £10,885.61 for legal costs, penalties, Corporation Tax and interest.

Nixon is currently involved in legal proceedings against Livingston Football Club. Last year, he filed an action against the

club for £311,000, which he claimed is a director’s loan.

A Livingston FC spokesman has said that figure has now been reduced to £236,000 and claims that the club would be forced to enter administration for a third time should Nixon be successful.

The case has been delayed and is not due to be heard until March 2015.

He resigned as chief executive and director of the Championship club in October 2013.

Mr Nixon was contacted by The Courier but declined to comment.

Just seen on FB a ceptic fan posting a picture of Livingston's match programme giving a story regarding The Rangers. It has the whole story of how 3 years ago today we beat a Hivs team 1-0 and then got liquidated and no longer have 140 years and Rangers don't exist to then talk about Charles Green and Sevco etc.. You catch the drift. I don't understand why these small clubs continue to try and hit us out of jealousy and they feel the need to do it. Surely the editor of their programme has to have been dropped on his head wearing green and white.

Just seen on FB a ceptic fan posting a picture of Livingston's match programme giving a story regarding The Rangers. It has the whole story of how 3 years ago today we beat a Hivs team 1-0 and then got liquidated and no longer have 140 years and Rangers don't exist to then talk about Charles Green and Sevco etc.. You catch the drift. I don't understand why these small clubs continue to try and hit us out of jealousy and they feel the need to do it. Surely the editor of their programme has to have been dropped on his head wearing green and white.

This is just another example of people trying to make money from Rangers hate. This is a skill well practised over at Celtic Park. Even their advertisements for season ticket sales "unbroken history" is an underhand dig at Rangers. Hugh Keevins pointed this out and was subsequently banned from entering their ground.