When does change become too late.

bawsburst

Many are unhappy at Alistair's stewardship, when will any perceived change in management structure be to late to have any useful effect for next season, giving a new regime time to assess and implement change.

Should change be ASAP, or should it wait until the seasons end.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Many are unhappy at Alistair's stewardship, when will any perceived change in management structure be to late to have any useful effect for next season, giving a new regime time to assess and implement change.

February 1st

The longer we leave it the harder it's going to be to do anything of note next season (that's if coco even get's us there in the first place).

He should have gone ages ago and gave The Rangers a fighting chance, sadly self importance and a greed for the £ have clouded this mans judgement.

Shame on you Ally!

It's at a critical point now IMO.

As I said in another thread I think not winning at Tynecastle will be the tipping point where the support becomes more vocal in their desire for change and it will be forced then, but at that point they could be 10 or 12 points clear which would make it nearly impossible for us to claw that back, even with a change in manager.

Being 6 behind I think that if we make a change now we can still claw it back. However I suspect nothing will happen until that game in November because we will wait to see how they do in their upcoming games because the mentality at the club will be that they have a couple of potential banana skins and we could close the gap during that period, even though that's an unlikely outcome.

At this stage of the season we shouldn't be relying on favours from other teams, the fact we already are sums up how shit this campaign has been so far :anguish:

He should have gone after the challenge cup final defeat: Anyone that couldn't get a group of players up for a cup final and doesn't see he is harming the club is no Rangers manager.

He should have gone after the challenge cup final defeat: Anyone that couldn't get a group of players up for a cup final and doesn't see he is harming the club is no Rangers manager.

(tu)

That's seems to have been the tipping point for a lot of people who were strong supporters of McCoist.

(tu)

That's seems to have been the tipping point for a lot of people who were strong supporters of McCoist.

I had always defended him until then, but he knows that this is a club that HAS to win cup finals and high pressure games. That final was just depressing.

For impact on next season, as long as anyone new is there for the preseason, its not too late. However, the question is, how far behind and how many games before the Board decide the money to sack him is worth less than the risk of failing to gain promotion. I'd say 9 points and Christmas.

I think 10th of December will be the latest, and that would be with a new manager brought in swiftly. Would give them time to see the team and possibly make a change or 2 in januray. Even then we would probably have to rely on hearts dropping points.

It should be now for many reasons.

We have still to face the better teams away.

A new manager needs time to assess his squad before the transfer window opens. Remember he needs to build a team for the top league with probsbly not s great deal of money.

He also needs time to change the team which may lose points. These need to be made up.

We will at best tread water until Ally is gone. Nobody but Ally thinks he should be there.

The longer this goes on, the more money is drained from the club by Ally and his sidekicks.

It is inevitable so it should be done now. I can only think the club cant afford it.

We're into damage limitation mode now. Things will never improve until McCoist and his cronies have gone and the old-pals Rangers-men mentality is well and truly dumped.

I would prefer our next manager to have no previous connection to the club.

For impact on next season, as long as anyone new is there for the preseason, its not too late. However, the question is, how far behind and how many games before the Board decide the money to sack him is worth less than the risk of failing to gain promotion. I'd say 9 points and Christmas.

If we were to miss promotion it would be far to late, another year in the wilderness, shades of Leeds ....

yeah, that done it for me. was the final straw.

If we were to miss promotion it would be far to late, another year in the wilderness, shades of Leeds ....

It was too late 2 seasons ago, the rot was allowed to set in and we are paying for it now. I agree that when Ally et al are gone, we might be in a position to consolidate with a new non Rangers management team and a new defence a la Souness era.