Armed forces day Saturday

Don81

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a million ex service personnel in the UK at any one time. As a few of you on here know I do a lot of work for the Royal British Legion (voluntary) the work we do is not just to remember the fallen but to give support and hope to a great number of amazing people that sometimes find it tough to cope after they have served.

I'm extremely proud of the work to RBL does and also extremely proud that the club I love honours our armed forces in the way they do.

Lest we forget.

Oh and if you see me in the Louden before or after the game then buy a poppy badge from me !

Spot on Dan mate, get you in the pub at 11 the morra

according to this there is only to be 12 members of the armed forces on the pitch at Half time this year. Wonder why only 12?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/7845-armed-forces-day-at-ibrox

you know who complained last year that the sight of our armed forces enjoying themselves on the park was unbecoming the poppy and rememberance day feeling.

so absurd you couldnt make it up.

the complaint was rubbished by army top brass who commended the day but looks like they may be taking precautions

you know who complained last year that the sight of our armed forces enjoying themselves on the park was unbecoming the poppy and rememberance day feeling.

so absurd you couldnt make it up.

the complaint was rubbished by army top brass who commended the day but looks like they may be taking precautions

Wasn't that two years ago?

I was absolutely sickened by that yesterday, leaving all they boys wae uniforms reduced to clapping themselves in the bottom of the govan stand, it was an absolute outrage. If that was done at a baseball or NFL game in the US there would have been holy murder.

I dont know if it was Rangers or the Army who done thT but it was a disgrace, they could have at least had them walking behind the band or marched out with the commanders

More themed days at ibrox are required now, it was entertaining but very low key.

They boys in the stand looked gutted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually it's Armistice Day when we have the troops on the pitch.

Have we celebrated Armed Forces day before?

I think the national Armed Forces day is outwith the season so presume Rangers and Armed Forces reps can decide timing of event to suit themselves. Last 2 or 3 years, I think it has coincided with Remembrance Day. IMO it is better that they are separate events because they do tend to invoke different emotions.