What would cause McCoist to walk away?

NeoGeo7

Ally and walking away  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What would cause McCoist to walk away?

• Being 15 points or more behind Hearts
    • Dropping to 3rd or lower
    • Failure to win the title
    • Failure to reach play offs
    • Failure to win play offs
    • Nothing

Whatever reason mccoist has for not walking be it his pride, determination, greed or delusion I was wondering what would cause him to go back on his words and walk away with no compensation package.

I think realistically if we fail to get promotion that's when he'd go though I have my suspicions that he'd still try to cling on.

For the record I'd have left after losing to Raith Rovers in the Ramsdens Cup Final after playi such a defensive formation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesnt make the play offs he will be chased away. He has already got the excuse in at not winning the league and play offs would be acceptable in his mind. Will still be looking for a fat pay off tho. Money is all he cares about.

Failure to achieve promotion, I believe, would see McCoist's tenure come to an end.

My hope is that McCoist and his assistants secure promotion (and thereby secure 3 back-to-back promotions in the history books), and then step down.

Shortly after that, I'd like to see the club hire a technical manager + assistants that insist -- with no exceptions -- on playing the ball quickly on the ground and who can build a squad of young, quick, talented players.

Long-ball football must never return to Rangers, ever again. Modern-day "big clubs" have all moved on from it.

It's impossible to say. I'd have thought Alloa would have been the final straw following a string of bad performances and results during his tenure. Therefore performances, results and the boardroom turmoil don't seem to make any difference so far as he's concerned.

Purely guessing I'd say 3 potential outcomes would make him walk. A full Ibrox asking him to resign, interference in football matters from Ashley/the board undermining his position or maybe even a chat with Walter. Or a combination of the above. I think if Walter told him to leave he would, as he holds Walter in such high esteem. Whether Walter would be so forthright with him is another matter. All speculation on my part though.

Put yourself in his shoes.

You know deep down by now you are not a manager. But you have a squad assembled that should be good enough to win this league. You also know that if you walk away, then you dont get the money you think you are entitled and as your salary was funnily enough omitted in the new set of accounts, what you would have to walk away from may be DOUBLE the money than joe public thinks.

"Now what person would walk away from that?" you rationalise to yourself.... "all the directors are minted its only fair I get my share" you rationalise some more.

In fact the more you think about it you realise going would hurt others - "My pals will be out a job if I go", you say to yourself.

You have a wee chat with Durranty and Kenny and the 3 of you decide to sit tight and hope that your team turn it round for you. You have nothing to lose but your respect - and pot loads of cash to gain.

If he doesnt make the play offs he will be chased away. He has already got the excuse in at not winning the league and play offs would be acceptable in his mind. Will still be looking for a fat pay off tho. Money is all he cares about.

It's not likely we won't make the okay offs though as we are 12 points ahead of Falkirk in 6th place. Aye we are shite but there is no way we will finish outwith the top 5