SPL Next Season

tannerall

Still on track, in shortest time possible, after almost three years, but the train's more than a wee bit shoogly.

I won't go in to all that is wrong in the club on this post (though there is plenty), but SPL next season is still a distinct possibility.

But, as looks more and more likely, changes can be made in next few weeks and then we have the January transfer window. If constructive changes are made a potentially a positive momentum could literally lift us back to where we belong, and make the end of season title race a lot more interesting.

Would have been better if the current crises had been sorted out earlier in the season, especially straight after the Hearts defeats, but still gives us just enough time.

And we also have the back up of the play-offs, and if this is the case the above would apply too, we could well be on a much more positive run and face the two legs and final with a lot more confidence.

All is not lost, keep the faith.

With a new manager and a new found belief we have a chance of maybe catching Hearts and if not I'd fancy us in a playoff.

Same management, we haven't a hope in hell of catching Hearts and Hibs would beat us over two legs and probably QOTS aswell.

Said it for a while now. We have better players but no consistency and leadership. McCoist is not a manager and if someone who was, was put in place...I think we'd see a Kris Boyd of 2013/14 and our team playing to their ability.

Can't believe some on here are suggesting we won't qualify for at least the play-offs. Seriously or just on the wind-up.

(Look at the table and work it out, and if you are indeed seriously pessimistic, Falkirk and Dumbarton play each other and we play Livingston at Ibrox next )

Can't believe some on here are suggesting we won't qualify for at least the play-offs. Seriously or just on the wind-up.

(Look at the table and work it out, and if you are indeed seriously pessimistic, Falkirk and Dumbarton play each other and we play Livingston at Ibrox next )

Under McCoist we won't.

Said it for a while now. We have better players but no consistency and leadership. McCoist is not a manager and if someone who was, was put in place...I think we'd see a Kris Boyd of 2013/14 and our team playing to their ability.

Better players?

On the evidence of Friday night any new manager will have his work cut out to turn

that lot into a slick passing team.

I said it on Friday, Nicky law is the only player who can run with the ball and look in

control of the ball.

Better players?

On the evidence of Friday night any new manager will have his work cut out to turn

that lot into a slick passing team.

I said it on Friday, Nicky law is the only player who can run with the ball and look in

control of the ball.

Alot of the players are better than they are currently showing, albeit there are quite a few duds.

Any new management needs to tighten up the defence.

The Play-offs it is then. But I have a worry that with so many players at the end of their contracts they will not be up for it.

Take a look at Hibs last season. The went into the Play-off final after Butcher had told most of the out of contract players that they would not be resigned and to find themselves new clubs. We saw how that went.

My only hope is that a new manager will bring confidence and enthusiasm back to the changing room as I doubt there will be any signings in the January window.

I think its a case of hoping for the best even with a replacement manager. The confidence in the squad is shot to bits. They have demonstrated on a sufficient basis in important games that they do not have the individual or collecive bottle to deal with pressure games. The weight of expectation of playing for Rangers in a 'must be promoted' season seems to me on the evidence we have all seen to be too much for them. It's possible a change of manager will help but in all honesty I cannot see this being anything other than starting to prepare for another season or more in the Championship.

Bear in mind too that we may lose players in the Jan transfer window just to generate cash to keep going since the boycotts have seen to it that we don't have enough money. No chance of players coming in as far as I can see - besides which the wreckage that is the Ibrox scene right now is not a place that many might want to join. So the bloated squad may reduce in size which is no bad thing but also reduce in quality depending on who goes which then makes promotion even more difficult.

We'll see what they say at the AGM very soon but it seems to me the Board may have to start adjusting the expectations for this season to one of hoping that a new manager can engineer a turn round in fortunes in results whilst planning for worst case financial situation of having to develop a team in the Championship for a season or more. That would not be a good message to have to give to Supporters but it seems to me that they are facing a more than realistic probability of continuing to play football in the Championship.

If Rangers are looking for a manager who can photocopy the team sheet from the week before, play 5 asides for a couple of hours and cross their arms during the match then I will do it for £5K a week. Oh and I have a great singing voice for the karaoke.