Kevin Kyle on Rangers

OlegKuznetsov

I don't disagree, never quite bought it either to be honest. He's been in the game long enough and McDowall gets a good name.

Tactically, ability to set up a team, motivation...

Motivation seems to be the key one here. There's a number of players who are quite clearly not motivated and feel their reputation should carry them through. Obviously this is something McCoist needs to take flak for toobut if players can't motivate themselves to play for Rangers and, given our situation, make themselves legends at a club bigger than any they'll likely play for in the future then I don't think there's much that can be done to motivate them. That then takes you to the next problem. Depth.We can argue about whether we think certain youngsters are good enough or not but the factis McCoist doesn't. This seriously limits wht he can do with the senior players whos performances have been shite. Persevere or drop them and replace them with kids the Manager doesn't fancy.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Surprisingly, despite my current financial difficulties, I have been to some Rangers games the last 3 years.

2) How does that impact someone's opinion on a player?

3) Fuck you. (tu)

Black is an overpaid awful footballer, no passion, no desire & does not deserve to wear the Rangers shirt. He was nowhere to be seen at Hearts, Alloa or Queen of the South. Betting against his own team and the way he behaved at Tannadice when we went there for the Cup tie 2 years ago is evidence in itself that he is never a Rangers player. Bad days when you say to another Bear, 'Fuck You' because he disagrees with you. Juvenile indeed!

Motivation seems to be the key one here. There's a number of players who are quite clearly not motivated and feel their reputation should carry them through. Obviously this is something McCoist needs to take flak for toobut if players can't motivate themselves to play for Rangers and, given our situation, make themselves legends at a club bigger than any they'll likely play for in the future then I don't think there's much that can be done to motivate them. That then takes you to the next problem. Depth.We can argue about whether we think certain youngsters are good enough or not but the factis McCoist doesn't. This seriously limits wht he can do with the senior players whos performances have been shite. Persevere or drop them and replace them with kids the Manager doesn't fancy.

I agree motivation is the key, the players are professionals and should take care of that themselves, however under performing demotivated players should be dropped in my opinion, even if the replacements aren't good enough. It's as much about sending a message to the demotivated first teamer than giving a youngster a chance.

Then there's downright stupid decisions like re-instating Moshni after McGregor and Jig had formed a good partnership and were on a good run. I'm sure you could add many many more should you choose to ;)

Not worth bringing up, but something about just running and games. No technique. Not like the training in North Korea or wherever the fuck he went.

So in other words typically British training, taken by a typically British coach? This isn't a problem which is unique to Rangers sadly. I said in a thread the other day the whole culture here is geared towards a more physical game. Big lads at the back, wee lad up front. Play at 100mph and worry about the result before everything else. I do however think that senior pros earning thousands a week shouldn't need any technique training over and above that they undertake in their own time.

Fair enough but I genuinely couldn't tell you the last time I didn't see a poster on here claim our that our training was shite, the players have regressed and Auchenhowie should be sold as it isn't used properly. Now here we have someone who has actually been part of the training under McCoist contradicting those points.

If the training was so good how come he was so unfit?

If the training was so good how come he was so unfit?

Doesn't matter how good the training is, if you're a fat bastard who hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months it's going to take a while to get back to 100%. When you're Kevin Kyle and have an injury record like his then, in all honesty, you're never likely to get close.

I agree motivation is the key, the players are professionals and should take care of that themselves, however under performing demotivated players should be dropped in my opinion, even if the replacements aren't good enough. It's as much about sending a message to the demotivated first teamer than giving a youngster a chance.

Then there's downright stupid decisions like re-instating Moshni after McGregor and Jig had formed a good partnership and were on a good run. I'm sure you could add many many more should you choose to ;)

Then you get into the whole thing of are you bringing kids in because they are ready and good enough or because others haven't performed to the levels expected? That was one of the reasons for the U21 being scrapped in the SPL. Managers felt too many kids were getting first team exposure when they hadn't merited it simply to fill a quota.

Sadly, and I appreciate I have a reputation for it a bit on here, but there is an answer to almost every scenario which leaves someone unhappy.

Black is an overpaid awful footballer, no passion, no desire & does not deserve to wear the Rangers shirt. He was nowhere to be seen at Hearts, Alloa or Queen of the South. Betting against his own team and the way he behaved at Tannadice when we went there for the Cup tie 2 years ago is evidence in itself that he is never a Rangers player. Bad days when you say to another Bear, 'Fuck You' because he disagrees with you. Juvenile indeed!

No. Fuck you because I can take being called a cunt, deluded etc but people questioning my support when they have no idea what I've had to give up supporting my team wrankles me.

Then you get into the whole thing of are you bringing kids in because they are ready and good enough or because others haven't performed to the levels expected? That was one of the reasons for the U21 being scrapped in the SPL. Managers felt too many kids were getting first team exposure when they hadn't merited it simply to fill a quota.

Sadly, and I appreciate I have a reputation for it a bit on here, but there is an answer to almost every scenario which leaves someone unhappy.

True but many were strong enough to play levels above us with their respective teams, it's not like they were coming in for the season. But it would be a consideration you're right.

No. Fuck you because I can take being called a cunt, deluded etc but people questioning my support when they have no idea what I've had to give up supporting my team wrankles me.

Well no one's said you are a cunt. No one has questioned your support, so fuck you. You troll every topic for an argument, are you feeling threatened? Is that why you have to argue? I'll await your next reply when you either call me a cunt and tell me I don't have a clue or you post a few 'haha's', then say fuck you again.

Well played. (tu)

Well no one's said you are a cunt. No one has questioned your support, so fuck you. You troll every topic for an argument, are you feeling threatened? Is that why you have to argue? I'll await your next reply when you either call me a cunt and tell me I don't have a clue or you post a few 'haha's', then say fuck you again.

Well played. (tu)

Insinuating my opinion is worthless because I can't make as many games as him. I took that as a personal affront.

I have no problem with you, doesn't seem reciprocal. What's your other name on here?

True but many were strong enough to play levels above us with their respective teams, it's not like they were coming in for the season. But it would be a consideration you're right.

Playing, even a few levels above, for any other Scottish side bar Celtic isn't comparable to playing for us. Nowhere else are you expected to win every single game, in style now too, by a comfortable margin infront of one of the hardest to please supports in the World (I remember folk moaning their tits off on the way to a fucking European final). Could you imagine what it must have been like to have been a youngster in our side after our away run at the start of Division 3? The pressure on a Rangers player is huge and despite many arguing otherwise it was only intensified after demotion. It'd be a very fine line between putting too much on them too young and letting their development stagnate.