Peralta tells it like it is.

robg58

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we get mixed up with guys like Peralta or Cribari or further back that Juan Ortiz? It's like we're throwing darts at a foreign phonebook. I get the feeling Peralta was signed to sell on like a right footed Izaguirre, but he's absolute pish and you couldn't give him away. Hope we stop signing these foreign duds and concentrate on youth.

How do we get mixed up with guys like Peralta or Cribari or further back that Juan Ortiz?

I was about to post re Ortiz.

He was a technically decent tenacious player who predominantly played as a wing back or right back. Back then I hear we are signing him, (I can't remember if it was KM who came outwith this - 99% sure it was) it's stated that he was a winger who loved to get forward with pace and take people on. I can't think of a much less accurate description of a player who from then on in was a hiding to nothing.

Sometime that management team really didn't help themselves.

So many failed signings....

Cribari is the worst of the whole lot for me.

Why we signed a 33 year old Brazilian on an 8k a week deal to play in the fourth tier of Scottish football is totally beyond me.

I genuinely wonder if he was signed as a favour to his agent or something daft like that.

What happened with mckay again? Did he complain about the training methods or something like that?

Aye, I think they used to play 'Find the ball', if anyone was lucky enough to find a football they were allowed to practice things like trapping a ball, passing to your own teammate and complex things like that.

Apparently noone ever found a ball.

Would play him now tbh, I would change the formation and have him either at right back or sitting infront of the back four beside Hutton. Defo not as bad as people make out, needs a chance, least he puts in effort

Fucking hell, it's went full circle now, Hutton and Peralta being touted as starters. :lol:

Genuinely speechless.

I was about to post re Ortiz.

He was a technically decent tenacious player who predominantly played as a wing back or right back. Back then I hear we are signing him, (I can't remember if it was KM who came outwith this - 99% sure it was) it's stated that he was a winger who loved to get forward with pace and take people on. I can't think of a much less accurate description of a player who from then on in was a hiding to nothing.

Sometime that management team really didn't help themselves.

Ortiz had a great game against Liverpool in a friendly if I recall. Other than that, he was woefull.

I feel for Peralta, don't get me wrong, he's not a world beater, but he's been a scapegoat by the management team. Horrible defending for Hibs goal, but it certainly wasn't any worse than Foster's efforts, Jig's or Moshni's. He's quick, covers the ground well and can take a decent free kick. I just dont think he's cut out for the Scottish game.

Not his fault, we brought him over here and decided to play him as a right fucking winger. Tactical masterstroke from Ally. a defensive mid all his career, broke into the Honduran national team at RB and we play him wide right asking him to take on the full back. Jesus wept.

Ortiz had a great game against Liverpool in a friendly if I recall. Other than that, he was woefull.

He was abysmal on many an occasion, however, he was played out of position with astonishing regularity (sound familiar :anguish: ) and billed as the second coming of Donadoni prior to him ever kicking a ball for us.

Was it Brown who scouted him, anyone remember?