***the Official Rangers V Pacific Shelf Thread***

MacBoyd

I would go with :

Simonsen

Foster McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Hutton Crawford

Templeton Miller Law

Daly

In the big games Law is fantastic at pressing so having him out wide will help. Templeton is there for the sheer hope he can bring that bit of magic we know he's sometimes capable of. As for Miller playing him deeper is probably the best thing to do, he can hold the ball and is clever enough to make runs in and about Daly.

Hopefully Daly can rag doll them about.

As for the defence it's mince but it's hardly the time to change it up and Crawford in there to press.

This is the least stressed I've ever been about an old firm game as I fully expect to get thoroughly pumped :D

Still, the players should be aware that this is their chance to make history by recording one of the greatest old firm results ever by beating them. That should fire them up a bit.

I believe the two things we have going for us is old firm experience and Timmy complacency.

In McCulloch, Foster, Smith, Wallace, Boyd, Miller and Hutton we have a lot of players who k ow what to expect at kick off time and our management team have experienced from their respective position as well, which is something Celtic lack. For all we know, they may bottle it come game day as they are mostly untested in Old Firm conditiona. Furthermore, they are expecting to walk all over us, they Kay just be in for a very nasty surprise ;D

One things for sure, if we go 1-0,up in the first minute, I may need blood pressure medication for the rest of the match :D

Starting to get butterflies now, really really really hope we beat that mob. There's two in my college class and both are cocky bastards, really hoping we beat them.

At the moment, the thought of having the bragging rights is a bigger incentive than the cup final itself :lol:

I would go with :

Simonsen

Foster McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Hutton Crawford

Templeton Miller Law

Daly

In the big games Law is fantastic at pressing so having him out wide will help. Templeton is there for the sheer hope he can bring that bit of magic we know he's sometimes capable of. As for Miller playing him deeper is probably the best thing to do, he can hold the ball and is clever enough to make runs in and about Daly.

Hopefully Daly can rag doll them about.

As for the defence it's mince but it's hardly the time to change it up and Crawford in there to press.

I agree about the pressing. We were doing it at Tynecastle and it was working well for most of the game. I think Kenny will go with Aird rather than Temps as he will do work more defensively and help Foster.

Kenny Miller could be the difference here imo, my reasoning being I have always kind of thought of him as a big game type player, he has certainly frustrated the life out of me this far in the season.

I keep seeing his last goal for Scotland, he has that in him, clever, quick and deadly, plus against top class defenders could be THE MAN come Sunday :pipe:

Battle fever is on, bring it on, lets do it Rangers :7325:

Take Smith out that and put Miller on the left with Daly up top, would be my shout. :pipe:

Good call imo :thumbup:

Yeah, Daly's a good shout and he's caused them problems at Hampden before but I'm not sure if he's mobile enough to play the lone striker role in a game like this.

That's what I think McDowall will choose, I'd play Templeton on the left and I'd play anyone over Foster.

not even interested in the final. sure i'd want us to win it but wouldn't give a fuck if we got through and didn't. just want us to shut this lot up. aye i think we're gonna get beat but it would be fucking amazing if we won. just need to see what happens on the day.

I agree about the pressing. We were doing it at Tynecastle and it was working well for most of the game. I think Kenny will go with Aird rather than Temps as he will do work more defensively and help Foster.

You're probably right mate. Aird is due a good game so maybe he'll turn in a decent performance.