Is This Season A Write Off?

Frank Reynolds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called from last season that with Ally and his coaches that this season would be awful. I was told to fuck off we'd romp it by at leadt 10pts... And i stand by that.

If KMD etc are still in charge for the play offs then we will not get through. New management team? Then sure, we stand a chance.

I think with a new management team in these players would be easily turned around. They are not a great team, but they are performing way below the level they should be, and i think that is all down to how they are being 'coached'.

For the Rangers we know and love the season should never be over until the end of injury time in the final game.

The sad reality though is at the moment the whole club is totally infested with negativity. Ibrox is desolate and holds no fear for any team any more. There is no doubt that we are beyond poor, and don't look anything like being promoted. The current squad have been dire and quite frankly don't deserve promotion. What worries me, especially after todays result is if we can even hold on for the play offs. The loan players are an improvement but unless the management improves and the undroppables are replaced with hungry players I'm not convinced we have the mentality to see it through.

If anything comes out of the EGM, like a change of manager, then maybe all is not lost. If we carry on as is then we won't even make the play offs!

We don't need to wait for the EGM to get McDowall off onto gardening leave. He should be sent there first thing on Monday morning (and that's already about a month later than it should have been). Put Miller in charge of the first team until the new permanent appointment is made. If we don't do this, then Hibs will take points off us on Friday and we will stumble towards play-offs from which we won't emerge.

Any "treble aspirations" have now been blitzed in this week. (that's a joke by the way)

No chance of winning league. But we are as good as through to the play-offs.

Can we re-invent ourselves by then ? Of course we can.

The players we have can be motivated to play at levels they have previously played at with greater team spirit, and better management.

Only problem we have is will the board now act positively and quickly and get someone in who is capable of doing this ?

We as in the fans do, it's the least we deserve.

The players however, have been a complete embarrassment, and they deserve fuck all.

I hate this type of entitled attitude to be honest, why do "we the fans" deserve promotion more than Hibs, Falkirk or Queen of the South fans?

It is, the league is fucked and I don't think we have the bottle to win the playoffs, do you?

My point exactly. There was no need to pose the question. Rhetorical or straight up. We are a mess a fucking shambles. We fuck ed it up in 2012 . There should have been a total clear out. I understand the sentiments of the players who stayed and I loved them for it. It brought a tear to my eye every one of them. But we should have had people in there to say no.... let's think of the big picture. I have constantly argued with people. "Aye but we need to get back as quick as possible " what to play route one football and get hummed every year in the Champions league. ? We should have rebuilt from boardroom to the training park to the match day park . We lost out chance. We lost he one and only chance to develop a strategic outlook in our overall management and coaching ethos. Our boardroom level management of things and our playing staff. Ie we should have played the young ones and if it too another two years then so be it. What we have done is arse from elbow . We learnt nothing and if it was those rhabid. Cunts from the east and they had done the same thing after escaping going totally our of. Business we we'd be fucking laughing our arses off. We had it and blew it .

I had all good intentions of staying off the drink after new year.and getting back down into a lean mean loving machine but no chance. I need a good drink to make this bearable. And a few tunes on the bus home . That's what we have become..

So is this season a write off? Yes. Has the last few seasons been a write off? Totally. Can it be fixed? I don't know

.I really don't. I don't. Think king is the answer. As I. Have said in another post if there are apparently (cough cough) 6 millions gers fans world wide if we all stumped up 50 quid tomorrow we would.be debt free, replenish our.unreal stadium and elect and promote people we see.fit to run our club

. Not people running it the way they see fit.

I don't think there will be any managerial reshuffling or recruitment until we know the make up of the board but it was interesting reading the reports that King is looking at the manager position, hopefully this appointment would be prompt.

As other have said promotion through the play offs is not outwith our capabilities

I think we'll still finish 2nd, but this team keeps proving time and time again that they cannot handle pressure games. So the play-offs are goni be brutal. Drastic change needs to happen now!. I want Mcdowall gone and someone from outside brought in before we play Hivs.

Any "treble aspirations" have now been blitzed in this week. (that's a joke by the way)

No chance of winning league. But we are as good as through to the play-offs.

Can we re-invent ourselves by then ? Of course we can.

The players we have can be motivated to play at levels they have previously played at with greater team spirit, and better management.

Only problem we have is will the board now act positively and quickly and get someone in who is capable of doing this ?

the order of the Play-Off's will be vital IMO - Hibs have the beating of us while we have Falkirks number who in turn cant seem to lose against Hibs, so our best hope of going up has to be to finish 2nd, hope that Falkirk pip Queens for a Play-Off spot then face and beat Hibs in the first round of the Play-Offs so we then face Falkirk...if the Premiership team is either Ross County or Motherwell we'll get through, both are absolutely woeful