Without Rangers, It's Part-Time Football.

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The scottish league will never compete with the EPL or La Liga. But it should be up there with the Dutch league and leagues in Scandinavia.

2 leagues of 18, play each team twice, promotion and relegation. Part time teams are disqualified from the top league. The winners of the league get a trophy, but the top 8 teams compete in a playoff for the 'league cup'.

The scottish cup is open to all, be you junior, semi pro, professional.

The problem with the SPFL just now is greedy chairmen, wanting to play Rangers and Ceptic 4 times a season.

But Doncaster, Lawell etc are not interested in a major overhaul of the league system.

:lol::lol::lol: He basically says we need Rangers but its still their fault 3 years later. They seem to be blaming the club when it was individuals who done the damage but the club and fans have to take it on the chin. Hes probably hoping county sit in the play offs and try to get us. Still foaming from the mouth

We need another season in the championship as a team needs built. i dont want another season in the championship but if we go into SPL or whatever the fuck they call it nowadays in this shape with a whole new team needing built. Bottom 6 it would be sadly. So you cunts that wanted Rangers dead get it right fuckin up ye. The longer they go with out the blue pound the better.

cue Dundee united saying "we are in profit - Ranger being away hasn't affected us - we are going from strength to strength" - while conveniently overlooking the fact that they sold there best players to there supposed rivals days before playing those actual rivals. A healthy club - or even a club with any kind of ambition would have held on to them - but if you need the cash....Also we are developing more players in Scotland - but ultimately they actually aren't very good - certainly not even bottom of EPL class.

Its unreal but within the last decade the entirety of Scottish football became a complete irrelevance.

Does anyone know how much financialy would be the difference between say finishing 2nd in the championship and not getting promotion and starting next season in the premiership.

It seems to me financial ineptitude apart we were still sustainable in the 3rd division, don't get me wrong I would prefer to go up but should that not happen I am not convinced it would be cataclysmic. Should the changes happen at the egm as being mentioned then we may need to bed in a new management team and team structure along with other changes.

I am a silver lining kind of person :-)

Does anyone know how much financialy would be the difference between say finishing 2nd in the championship and not getting promotion and starting next season in the premiership.

It seems to me financial ineptitude apart we were still sustainable in the 3rd division, don't get me wrong I would prefer to go up but should that not happen I am not convinced it would be cataclysmic. Should the changes happen at the egm as being mentioned then we may need to bed in a new management team and team structure along with other changes.

I am a silver lining kind of person :-)

we weren't sustainable in the 3rd or now - we were and are loosing money hand over first - which was being covered by the IPO cash in the 3rd and 2nd. We dont have any money left - hence our present plight

The problems run much deeper than a dysfunctional Rangers.

Football is a chore these days. There is no fun. New laws, police surveillance, no standing areas, no naughty words or songs, high ticket prices, crap football, no star names. Add it all it up and it's a wonder teams even get the support they do.

Yes a lot of it will rectify itself IF we get our house in order but it won't solve the wider problems.

Like it or not kids and fans want to see names. They want to see skillful footballers and they have to be entertained. How you solve those issues is in my eyes the real problem.

The scottish league will never compete with the EPL or La Liga. But it should be up there with the Dutch league and leagues in Scandinavia.

2 leagues of 18, play each team twice, promotion and relegation. Part time teams are disqualified from the top league. The winners of the league get a trophy, but the top 8 teams compete in a playoff for the 'league cup'.

The scottish cup is open to all, be you junior, semi pro, professional.

The problem with the SPFL just now is greedy chairmen, wanting to play Rangers and Ceptic 4 times a season.

But Doncaster, Lawell etc are not interested in a major overhaul of the league system.

The Scottish league is and always will be a million miles behind the dutch league

So let's kick the Rangers almost to death then when our crap league suffers financially lets moan about how much we need the Rangers. I find these statements and the fact Doncaster and Rhegan are still in jobs all the more ironic. Three years ago we opted for a fresh start after the weeks of the long-knives. Sadly McCoist destroyed the dream of rebuilding for Rangers. The other two muppets are responsible for the state of the rest of Scottish Football. Just think in those three years of total ineptitude how much money McCoist, Doncaster and Rhegan have actually earned.

If Rangers are screwed then so is Scottish football and there may be no way back for either.

Agree with this but you missed out the heavy influence that Liewell had over the clowns Regan and Doncaster.

The decisions made then along with the repercussions they have had on the game today have handed Celtic trophies and Titles they would surely never have won with a healthy Rangers going up against them every season.

It also pushed Liewell into a position of heavy influence in how the game in Scotland was run,most of that was to suit Celtic.

we weren't sustainable in the 3rd or now - we were and are loosing money hand over first - which was being covered by the IPO cash in the 3rd and 2nd. We dont have any money left - hence our present plight

My point being if our finances had been used more prudently in securing more profitable avenues of raising money rather than squandering it, we all bought in to the journey back but a succession of boardroom changes and flagrant squad additions has put paid to that. Without getting into the whole who is to blame argument, if you cant accept that the last 2 years has been an utter disaster then I think you should review it. We had the opportunity to build both a successful business and football team but sadly others have failed us, a lot of fans have put a lot of time and money into their club only for the custodians to mismanage the whole situation