Sadly Missed . . .

BLUEDIGNITY

Fortunate enough to have seen him with my own eyes for a few of those magic moments at Tynecastle, against Ilves Tampere and that free kick goal against the sheep at the Hampden final.

I noticed last night on STV's "through the night" they were showing bits of the football skills show he made with Charlie Nichola but it was only a talking piece without Davie's presence.

The "Coop" was a footballing genius.

At one point the main reason for me putting up my gate money was just to watch the maestro play, it was a big disappointment if he wasn't in the team.

You could always tell what type of game he was doing to have following his first involvement in the play.

If his fist touch was bad, he could disappear out the game for a wee while as he could be a moody wee guy at times.

When I lived in Lanarkshire I used to have an Alsation dug that I regurarlly walked through Strathclyde Park.

Sometimes, on a cold winter's night, Davy would fly past me out training wearing only a black bin liner.

It was a real shocker that day when I first heard of his sudden death.